Last 10 years

Have you forgotten them ? Apart from the league 1 escape what else did we achieve ? What else have we had to get excited about!

Since we've been taken over by DC great things have happened ground improvements new pitch big signings etc.. and he decided to take on CC as head coach and in his first year of English football in the championship one of the hardest leagues he manages to take us to a playoff final and we get to witness some memorable footballing moments along the way! what a campaign this season was all thanks to CC (DC of course for financial backing)  

A season later it's not all gravy but again we reach playoffs and might I add we finished a very respectable 4th another great campaign in my opinion.

Now this season we haven't hit the ground running and performances haven't been that great to watch but it's the same for majority of the big clubs in this league! It's tough not like league 1 through a few decent players in squad and walk the league!

After the dire relegation battles and so on over the years do we really need to be sacking Carlos at this stage of the season ? Are we desperate for instant success just to be battered week in week out in prem (potentially)

Carlos gets my vote to stay on as head coach until at least December when things can be reassessed! 

Thanks for all your hard efforts Mr Chansiri and Mr Carvalhal for trying to get us back to the top flight long may your partnership and efforts continue I'd love nothing more than to see CC take us up.

UTO WAWAW 

I think after nearer 20 years of rubbish there is just impatience and frustration that a great set up doesn't seem to be performing on the pitch to the sum of its parts

16 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Have you forgotten them ? Apart from the league 1 escape what else did we achieve ? What else have we had to get excited about!

Since we've been taken over by DC great things have happened ground improvements new pitch big signings etc.. and he decided to take on CC as head coach and in his first year of English football in the championship one of the hardest leagues he manages to take us to a playoff final and we get to witness some memorable footballing moments along the way! what a campaign this season was all thanks to CC (DC of course for financial backing)  

A season later it's not all gravy but again we reach playoffs and might I add we finished a very respectable 4th another great campaign in my opinion.

Now this season we haven't hit the ground running and performances haven't been that great to watch but it's the same for majority of the big clubs in this league! It's tough not like league 1 through a few decent players in squad and walk the league!

After the dire relegation battles and so on over the years do we really need to be sacking Carlos at this stage of the season ? Are we desperate for instant success just to be battered week in week out in prem (potentially)

Carlos gets my vote to stay on as head coach until at least December when things can be reassessed! 

Thanks for all your hard efforts Mr Chansiri and Mr Carvalhal for trying to get us back to the top flight long may your partnership and efforts continue I'd love nothing more than to see CC take us up.

UTO WAWAW 

I agree with most of that.

Except change December to the end of September.

21 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

UTO WAWAW 

It's not that people don't accept that what we have at the moment is way better that what we've had for a long while. It's the fact that given the huge increase in resources, playing staff and support we should be doing significantly better than we are.

Expectations have been raised. We've spent so heavily that we can't spend anymore because we are close to FFP. Yet the performances do not reflect this or the prices fans have to pay to watch us.

After such a good first season under CC, our second season was painful to watch- yes higher finish but a HUGE missed opportunity in two awful play off leg displays. 

Yes its still early doors, but CC said it's important we have a settled squad and get off to a good start this season. We have 1 point against two sides who I bet will finish mid table or lower. We were also told we are after 4/5 new players- we only have 1 new player and he couldn't even get a game today. And STILL no new centre back, something we've been crying out for since the Wembley defeat or even before that. 

Can you not understand frustrations? Just because we are financially better off now doesn't mean fans should just sit back and accept what's going on.

28 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

UTO WAWAW 

Wish people would stop harping on about the past prior to DC taking over. It's almost as though some folk have a natural born loser mentality and just accept the cr@p time and time again

Someone else that thinks because we were rubbish a few years ago that means we're not allowed to criticise how we play now. How does how bad we used to be have anything to do with how we are now, especially after we've spent about 25 to 30 million on players.

You say you'd love Carlos to get us promoted but then say you'd give him until December before "reassessing" (I assume this means sacking him, right?).

You also say you want their partnership to last long, how can it last long if you're "reassessing" Carlos' position in December?

Maybe I've read this wrong?

please clarify op, this has sent me into meltdown :duntmatter:

Look forward and not back. Lots of teams in the top flight were garbage for years too, but their fans didn't hold them back wishing for mediocrity. Leicester, Brighton and Bournemouth all being examples of what can be achieved. 

Carlos is a gentleman and I thank him for his time here but if we want to go to the next level then he needs to move on. It's the same every game, we don't start till we have conceded a goal and him not knowing his strongest after 2 seasons is just pathetic.

17 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

huddersfield will get battered week in week out,what happened today at palace at a place we struggle.

Bet ya they don't,not that they would give a shiny shyte anyway,they can just read crap like that every day/week month of the season.................look on forums like this,log on and royally take the p--s.

I was a guest at Elland Rd today.

Leeds fans just as disappointed. As a neutral  I thought Leeds played well.

Preston were a niggly and frustrating side. Down to ten men and hit the bar in the last minute.

It is a marathon not a sprint.

However, Carlos still does not know his best side. He does not seem to bring the best out of players. Certainly does not entertain.