Positives from today

1 minute ago, debram said:

Ok but why, is our pre season not adeqate

I think there are several reasons.

Pre-season is probably one but I am no expert on that

I just don't think we have enough athletes in the team. Players like Hooper Wallace Jones Rhodes are not players who run all day

We had to use our subs too early 

We were chasing the game and it was very warm 

I thought Jack Hunt was good, Hoops is getting back to his best, Tom Lees is almost always good, moving to a 433 was positive, Bazza was back to his best, JR was at least on the end of the chances, we showed some fight, created lots of chances second half and (if it's true) I'm please Carlos stood up to Nando to send a message that he's not bigger than the team. Lots of positives. Can't wait for Wed night. 

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Thank Christ!

Can you give a short match report?

Contrary to my username I am not as downbeat about today as others seem to be. We started slowly - gave QPR a lot of space down the flanks (possibly as a result of a kind of diamond formation in our midfield). They looked sharp and went ahead, we rallied and had a couple of chances / penalty claims before half time, by which point we had lost Hutch and Loovens.

Second half we started brightly - Bannan in particular and Winnall in a 4-3-3 of sorts. Winnall took his goal well and Rhodes missed a sitter which seemed to knock the wind out of us a little. Game became very open with QPR looking threatening on the break as we tried to force things a little.

23 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I think there are several reasons.

Pre-season is probably one but I am no expert on that

I just don't think we have enough athletes in the team. Players like Hooper Wallace Jones Rhodes are not players who run all day

We had to use our subs too early 

We were chasing the game and it was very warm 

Yes its early days yet and the only real way to get match fit is to play matches, pity about the early injuries because it limited ccs options sub wise.

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Contrary to my username I am not as downbeat about today as others seem to be. We started slowly - gave QPR a lot of space down the flanks (possibly as a result of a kind of diamond formation in our midfield). They looked sharp and went ahead, we rallied and had a couple of chances / penalty claims before half time, by which point we had lost Hutch and Loovens.

Second half we started brightly - Bannan in particular and Winnall in a 4-3-3 of sorts. Winnall took his goal well and Rhodes missed a sitter which seemed to knock the wind out of us a little. Game became very open with QPR looking threatening on the break as we tried to force things a little.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

pretty much spot on and should give cc food for thought wednesday, hope loovens and hutch recover for then

• Thanks 1