tonights fans forum

7 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Some of the questions sound a little immature. How many are at the meeting. Was it possible to get the applications vetted. Sounds as though some of the attendees were somewhat short of intelligence . These type of forums need a constructive discussion. Were the questions submitted prior to the meeting or was it just open house with DC answering the questions as they were thrown at him. 

DC deserves HUGE respect for being at the meeting and being prepared to face the mix of fans the club has. Perhaps a lesson to be learned would be to ensure there are sensible fans in attendance.

I may be wrong with my assumptions but one or two of the reported questions are not really what needed to be asked of the chairman.doo

Go and see him then.....doors open, as he says.

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

It is weird though, the football last season was a chore to watch most of the time but yet in the 2nd half of the season we hit automatic promotion form, beat the Champions twice and we were a very hard team to beat.   You could argue that with Newcastle, Brighton and the surprise team Hudds gone and replaced by, on the face of it, inferior teams, we should have a good chance of autos this time round.

I'm hoping that the PNE game was a watershed that we got out of the way early and the furore over it can only focus minds on the job in hand.  

Who knows what the footballing gods have in store for us but to give up at the first game is a little paranoid.  If we improve on our first five or six games from last season then I will be satisfied. 

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I'm sure the DC is clever enough to deal with anything that is asked of him. My point was mainly about RESPECT for a man with principles. He deserves respect for what he has done for the club. 

Sorry for the nob comment was undeserved but did come across as a little condescending.....sorry :sad:

11 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Some of the questions sound a little immature. How many are at the meeting. Was it possible to get the applications vetted. Sounds as though some of the attendees were somewhat short of intelligence . These type of forums need a constructive discussion. Were the questions submitted prior to the meeting or was it just open house with DC answering the questions as they were thrown at him. 

DC deserves HUGE respect for being at the meeting and being prepared to face the mix of fans the club has. Perhaps a lesson to be learned would be to ensure there are sensible fans in attendance.

I may be wrong with my assumptions but one or two of the reported questions are not really what needed to be asked of the chairman.

Possible, yes. But not done.

It doesn't matter if the attendees are intelligent or not, just that they are respectful.

No questions were submitted prior, but I'm sure some were anticipated.

If the Club ensure only the "sensible" fans get a say, then the club will be accused of trying to whitewash the whole thing.

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

DC: "We have a good squad so it is difficult for young players to break in. That's why we need to loan them out to get experience." #SWFC

Hmmm

Kivo was suggesting that Chansiri wasn't keen on loaning the young 'uns out....

Don't listen to anything Kivo says he's in his own world.

Not many more details re club 1867 considering this was supposedly the purpose of the forum.

I wonder how many of those critiscing it have bothered  to show their faces?

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

As a fanbase we should put the petty arguments and gripes aside and get behind em, but unfortunately, like other clubs, we've got a noisy minority who've already made their mind up that they want CC out.

Yeah, they are a worry and going on last season what ever CC does they won't be happy till they get their own way.  Which is short sighted and ultimately detrimental to the club.  DC wants to get on progressing the club not fighting and massaging the egos of some fans.