EXCALIBUR

your 1st game you went to

mine was against colchester utd at home and we won 1.0,rodger wylde got sent off but cant remember the year,i know i was a nipper though :biggrin:

p.s     proper blue+white stripes kit then too

Edited by EXCALIBUR

83 against Chelsea , nil nil . Chelsea fans at the back of the North fighting , mate got coined and the police went in and dragged them unceremoniously down the steps with people kicking and punching them as they were dragged past . 

4 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

mine was against colchester utd at home and we won 1.0,rodger wylde got sent off but cant remember the year,i know i was a nipper though :biggrin:

p.s     proper blue+white stripes kit then too

WHU home 66 apparently. Proper blue shirts white sleeves. 

• Disagree 1

Mine was at St James Park in mid 70's (parents are from Newcastle so my dad took me to a match whilst we were visiting grandparents). Newcastle won 3-0 and I always thought it was against Sheff Utd. Saw a boom recently that had all the blunts results in si had a glance to confirm my early memory. Couldn't find a result like that from around that time. Gutted!

Home v Carlisle in Division 3. 1978 or 79. 0-0

i remember being sat on kop wall when we beat southend to stay in division 3,what a great night and from that night i was hooked on the owls.

1 minute ago, cross owl said:

83 against Chelsea , nil nil . Chelsea fans at the back of the North fighting , mate got coined and the police went in and dragged them unceremoniously down the steps with people kicking and punching them as they were dragged past . 

About that time I was in there...Cup game I think.

About 300 West ham fans went up when they scored all in a row/ blocks right behind me and there wasn't a bit of trouble. Odd one.

4 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

WHU home 66 apparently. Proper blue shirts white sleeves. 

And not a burrito in sight.

Easter monday 1982 Wednesday 2 Newcastle 1. Pestered my dad all morning to take me and he finally relented. Sat in the south stand towards the Kop end. Don't remember too much about the match, other than Bannister getting his boot ripped off in a tackle early doors. Although i understand Shelton and JP scored. I do remember being in absolute awe of the Kop though, and spent most of the match wondering what it would be like to be in amongst the hordes on there!

Been infected by Wednesdayitis ever since 

lol

4 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Home v Carlisle in Division 3. 1978 or 79. 0-0

was it that game we went up and 30k at hillsbrough in the sunshine.

1992 against Arsenal.

We drew 1-1, David Hirst scored and Chris Woods saved a penalty in front of the kop

feb  62 against the blunts, we lost 1-2 they had a centre forward called doc pace who looked like my granddad but the bald headed git scored both goals .colin Dobson scored for us .the attendance was just over 50k .

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, alcock dived said:

Easter monday 1982 Wednesday 2 Newcastle 1. Pestered my dad all morning to take me and he finally relented. Sat in the south stand towards the Kop end. Don't remember too much about the match, other than Bannister getting his boot ripped off in a tackle early doors. Although i understand Shelton and JP scored. I do remember being in absolute awe of the Kop though, and spent most of the match wondering what it would be like to be in amongst the hordes on there!

Been infected by Wednesdayitis ever since 

lol

that 4.2 against them in 83 was a great game,keegan waddle beardsley etc 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

feb  62 against the blunts, we lost 1-2 they had a centre forward called doc pace who looked like my granddad but the bald headed git scored both goals .colin Dobson scored for us .the attendance was just over 50k .

I can't remember the game..But I was amongst a crowd called at 49,500 once.

And I seem to remember a few more.

Can you jog my memory?

• Thanks 1

Pigs in the Zenith Data cup, 1989 I think, and we won 3-2 if my memory serves right.

Jan 26, 1985, home to Oldham in the FA cup.

Owls 5 -1 Oldham.

Home v Everton in 85/86 season. We lost 5-1 and I've been hooked ever since. It was around that time the Wednesday team had just recorded a single which I bought that night. It was to the backing track of the Thompson Twins was it called 'You take us up' or something. Would be considered a right pile of tripe now but I thought it was the bees knees at the time. Anyone remember it?

off topic slightly,but can anyone remember being at man city in dec 83 and not getting in because we had filled the away end and also given some room the kipax which we filled,i didnt get in and had to listen to live radio on coach :biggrin: 

82/83 season v Crystal Palace or Norwich I believe , back end of the season anyway.

Went regularly from then until 94 and restarted going about 3 seasons ago when I moved back to UK