Jump to content
EXCALIBUR

your 1st game you went to

Recommended Posts

mine was against colchester utd at home and we won 1.0,rodger wylde got sent off but cant remember the year,i know i was a nipper though :biggrin:

p.s     proper blue+white stripes kit then too

Edited by EXCALIBUR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


83 against Chelsea , nil nil . Chelsea fans at the back of the North fighting , mate got coined and the police went in and dragged them unceremoniously down the steps with people kicking and punching them as they were dragged past . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

mine was against colchester utd at home and we won 1.0,rodger wylde got sent off but cant remember the year,i know i was a nipper though :biggrin:

p.s     proper blue+white stripes kit then too

WHU home 66 apparently. Proper blue shirts white sleeves. 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was at St James Park in mid 70's (parents are from Newcastle so my dad took me to a match whilst we were visiting grandparents). Newcastle won 3-0 and I always thought it was against Sheff Utd. Saw a boom recently that had all the blunts results in si had a glance to confirm my early memory. Couldn't find a result like that from around that time. Gutted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home v Carlisle in Division 3. 1978 or 79. 0-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i remember being sat on kop wall when we beat southend to stay in division 3,what a great night and from that night i was hooked on the owls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cross owl said:

83 against Chelsea , nil nil . Chelsea fans at the back of the North fighting , mate got coined and the police went in and dragged them unceremoniously down the steps with people kicking and punching them as they were dragged past . 

About that time I was in there...Cup game I think.

About 300 West ham fans went up when they scored all in a row/ blocks right behind me and there wasn't a bit of trouble. Odd one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

WHU home 66 apparently. Proper blue shirts white sleeves. 

And not a burrito in sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easter monday 1982 Wednesday 2 Newcastle 1. Pestered my dad all morning to take me and he finally relented. Sat in the south stand towards the Kop end. Don't remember too much about the match, other than Bannister getting his boot ripped off in a tackle early doors. Although i understand Shelton and JP scored. I do remember being in absolute awe of the Kop though, and spent most of the match wondering what it would be like to be in amongst the hordes on there!

 

Been infected by Wednesdayitis ever since 

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Home v Carlisle in Division 3. 1978 or 79. 0-0

was it that game we went up and 30k at hillsbrough in the sunshine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1992 against Arsenal.

 

We drew 1-1, David Hirst scored and Chris Woods saved a penalty in front of the kop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

feb  62 against the blunts, we lost 1-2 they had a centre forward called doc pace who looked like my granddad but the bald headed git scored both goals .colin Dobson scored for us .the attendance was just over 50k .

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alcock dived said:

Easter monday 1982 Wednesday 2 Newcastle 1. Pestered my dad all morning to take me and he finally relented. Sat in the south stand towards the Kop end. Don't remember too much about the match, other than Bannister getting his boot ripped off in a tackle early doors. Although i understand Shelton and JP scored. I do remember being in absolute awe of the Kop though, and spent most of the match wondering what it would be like to be in amongst the hordes on there!

 

Been infected by Wednesdayitis ever since 

 

lol

that 4.2 against them in 83 was a great game,keegan waddle beardsley etc 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

feb  62 against the blunts, we lost 1-2 they had a centre forward called doc pace who looked like my granddad but the bald headed git scored both goals .colin Dobson scored for us .the attendance was just over 50k .

I can't remember the game..But I was amongst a crowd called at 49,500 once.

And I seem to remember a few more.

 

Can you jog my memory?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pigs in the Zenith Data cup, 1989 I think, and we won 3-2 if my memory serves right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jan 26, 1985, home to Oldham in the FA cup.

Owls 5 -1 Oldham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home v Everton in 85/86 season. We lost 5-1 and I've been hooked ever since. It was around that time the Wednesday team had just recorded a single which I bought that night. It was to the backing track of the Thompson Twins was it called 'You take us up' or something. Would be considered a right pile of tripe now but I thought it was the bees knees at the time. Anyone remember it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

off topic slightly,but can anyone remember being at man city in dec 83 and not getting in because we had filled the away end and also given some room the kipax which we filled,i didnt get in and had to listen to live radio on coach :biggrin: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

82/83 season v Crystal Palace or Norwich I believe , back end of the season anyway.

 

Went regularly from then until 94 and restarted going about 3 seasons ago when I moved back to UK 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...