That bannan goal

Wow!! What a great run and finish. I was right behind it when he hit it and it was in the top corner as soon as it left his foot.

It was funny as I was up cheering way before the south stand realised it went in. Bit of a surreal moment.

Well done BB great game tonight and your goal fully deserved

Fantastic goal that. Runs his effort against Fulham in the cup a few years back close. 

He was very good tonight was BB. Yes it was only Chesterfield, but he was literally everywhere on the pitch and contributing all over. 

Lot less of the Xabi Alonso wannabe. 

So Bazza destroyed a League Two team.  

There's a reason he scored a cracking goal against them but has only scored 3 goals in 78 league games for us.  It's called an enormous gap in quality.

Still, that performance is probably CCs green light to continue blindly picking him for every league game now.

Great.

23 minutes ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

There's a reason he scored a cracking goal against them but has only scored 3 goals in 78 league games for us.  It's called an enormous gap in quality.

Still, that performance is probably CCs green light to continue blindly picking him for every league game now.

Great.

He's had many exquisite games over the last 2 years

56 minutes ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

Great.

Why would you be unhappy that a player you want to play better, played better...?

33 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He's had many exquisite games over the last 2 years

That figure drops immeasurably over the last year.  

I'll freely admit that I've never been a huge fan.  I think a central midfielder with a record of 1 goal every 26 league games is atrocious.

Obivously there's more to a midfielders game but he doesn't compensate enough for his lack of scoring.  He tries to be Pirlo; only for the ball to end up in stands a lot more than it does at the feet of an attacker.

1 minute ago, 33 said:

Why would you be unhappy that a player you want to play better, played better...?

Because he's got to do it in the Championship on a week to week basis; not against a league 2 side in a Cup Clash.

And until he does I think fans have the right to question CCs blind devotion to Bazza.

1 hour ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

That figure drops immeasurably over the last year.  

I'll freely admit that I've never been a huge fan.  I think a central midfielder with a record of 1 goal every 26 league games is atrocious.

Obivously there's more to a midfielders game but he doesn't compensate enough for his lack of scoring.  He tries to be Pirlo; only for the ball to end up in stands a lot more than it does at the feet of an attacker.

think it's very difficult for him to score when he's told to play so deep, same goes for hutch .....both good players who imo are not used in roles that suit them best .lee seems to be the only central midfielder who's encouraged to make runs into the box which is way out of bounds for  bannan and hutch .

4 hours ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

Great.

Yep.

Every single keeper who plays for a team where there isn't an "enormous gap in quality" would have plucked that shot out of the air no problem with the casual indifference of a Sheffield United Director contemplating the sale of their latest prospect.

Your churlish comments may apply to the general outfield gap in quality, how the f**k does it apply to a goal like that.

His shooting reminds me of JJ, so many shots over the bar in the 2 seasons he's been here and there must have been at least 4 he put over the bar list night too, but once a season one will nestle in the top corner and he'll score a worldly.

His shooting still needs to be worked on despite his stunner last night