5 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Looks like I'm in the minority tonight then I thought he was poor tonight and lacked the desire to really get into the game.

Don't think you are in the minority. I agree with you, but just hope he gets fit and we can eventually make our mind up on is he good or not, or very unlucky with injuries.

56 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Start the same midfield on Saturday. Make him the centre piece. 

Keep Jones in there, a fully fit Hutchinson is miles better but Jones played majority of Pre season so I'm unsure why CC went with Hutch sat. Bannan also more effective playing left and drifting in, doesn't get man marked or bullied. 

Pearson was saying what a good game Jones had in commentary

1 minute ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Don't think you are in the minority. I agree with you, but just hope he gets fit and we can eventually make our mind up on is he good or not, or very unlucky with injuries.

I'd agree with that he looked a different class to anything we have when he was at Watford, if he could get anywhere near that I'd be over the moon.

11 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Great observation Sherlock.  The guy has hardly kicked a ball for months.  What do you expect.

Why do muppets like you exist 

the original post asked for an opinion I was there that was the opinion

never ever ever did I quote I expexcted better. I said he looked and played decent and needs more games 

but you be offensive all the time. A pointless comment from you on a night filled of positivity.

keyboard warriors like you hold no place on a forum. 

I'd love to see Abdi do well for us but haven't seen anything from him that suggests he might. He just seems slow, immobile, disinterested. Not just tonight - every time I've seen him. Sure he's got talent but he needs to make a greater contribution. Pass and move not pass and stand still. Does he move about so little because he's unfit or is that just how he plays? Loads on here think he should play instead of Bannan. Really? The woman next to me was telling me all night how rubbish Bannan was. At the end of the game she had to admit Bannan played well but said 'yes, but only against Chesterfield'. I said that Abdi was playing against Chesterfield too! I'm still hoping for the Abdi that the Watford fans promised us but until he starts to show a bit more desire I wouldn't pick him.

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Why do muppets like you exist 

the original post asked for an opinion I was there that was the opinion

never ever ever did I quote I expexcted better. I said he looked and played decent and needs more games 

but you be offensive all the time. A pointless comment from you on a night filled of positivity.

keyboard warriors like you hold no place on a forum. 

He's a numptie pal forget him

10 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I'd love to see Abdi do well for us but haven't seen anything from him that suggests he might. He just seems slow, immobile, disinterested. Not just tonight - every time I've seen him. Sure he's got talent but he needs to make a greater contribution. Pass and move not pass and stand still. Does he move about so little because he's unfit or is that just how he plays? Loads on here think he should play instead of Bannan. Really? The woman next to me was telling me all night how rubbish Bannan was. At the end of the game she had to admit Bannan played well but said 'yes, but only against Chesterfield'. I said that Abdi was playing against Chesterfield too! I'm still hoping for the Abdi that the Watford fans promised us but until he starts to show a bit more desire I wouldn't pick him.

They used to say that about Waddle

1 hour ago, AwokenGiant said:

Class act, if he stays fit. And, I didn't need to be at the game tonight to make that asessment. 

I was at the game and I thought he was ordinary at best. I'd love him to be really good but I've lost confidence in him now. We improved after he went off

25 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Bang on re abdi

Bannan ran the game tonight. mom regardless of his worldy

Reach had a good game too

Abdi always moves the ball quickly. Often it's one touch , rarely more than 2or 3.

I like that because he keeps the ball moving and therefore pulls the opposition about while linking play together 

I would say he was about 50% of his best tonight. Obviously not fit.

I can't understand why anybody would describe him as poor or ordinary, he is obviously a very good player struggling with fitness 

49 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Looks like I'm in the minority tonight then I thought he was poor tonight and lacked the desire to really get into the game.

I agree. I thought he was the worst Wednesday player on the pitch. I know he's not played much, but I can't believe he was a regular PL player just 18 months ago.