Wednesday 3 Arsenal 0

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Tammy Abraham in for Joao and I think that style and system would have been enough to see us up. That rangy pacy striker but who can hold it up aswell.

Our strikers now are all of a great quality. But probably not particulary ticking that box of being able to play up their alone.

Shame really.

But I'll never lose a chance to plug my season review about the very subject!

Snootys Season Review

Good read that Snooty, missed it first time around as I pretty much turned off the internet after the PO semi final debacle.

Spot on as usual mi lord!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Would Fletcher work in that system as the loan striker? If we brought in a pacy full back and/or a winger and reverted back to that quicker tempo, pressing and more attacking football.

Fletcher would work. He played a lone striker at Sunderland in the Premier League. But Joao could still come good if we played that system 

Not playing Hooper Rhodes, might seem daft and might appear to leave us short of goals but as we have seen recently  it doesn't matter who you have up there if you not getting the ball in midfield to create chances 

No surprise, Hutchinson and Bannan playing within a 3 man midfield, and we looked awesome.

And how could we have managed Joao so badly? He was a player with genuine top class potential, and that game proves it. He was strong, skilful, linked up play, clever, won fouls...everything you want from a centre forward. I keep saying it, but Joao is the one player we're going to regret mismanaging. He'll leave us, and become a beast of a player for a team that uses him well and looks after him.

To be honest, watching that has infuriated me rather than cheered me up. We had Jeremy Bloody Helan playing in that game, and tore Arsenal apart. 

How can we be so far away from that style of play now, considering the players we've got at our disposal?! 

Arrrggghhhh!!!!

3 hours ago, Redcoat said:

Get players in the box and you get goals, it's not rocket science for Carlos.

How often do we attack now and there's only two strikers in the penalty area? 2 v 4

Leeds and Fulham commit the men forward, they aren't as good as our players but they get the goals through numbers.

5-6 players in the box when Leeds scored their goals. That means if they break fast enough they've got 6 v 4 in the penalty area. Time, space, numbers = goals.

As I keep saying, you need runners breaking forward and supporting the strikers. Sitting deep waving at them from the halfway line after trying to ping a 60yard angled Holywood ball to 1 man facing his OWN goal with 3 opposition  players stood on top of him and....... Oh look were under the cosh again.