Carlos clarifies Forestieri comments

13 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

But we won? And he scored in both. He was outstanding in the home game. 

So bearing that in mind, I'm struggling to understand why Carlos wouldn't start him up front in a play off against the same team, and how you can possibly single him out as the reason we didn't win.

And if we were lucky to beat them, you could say they were extremely lucky to beat us on penalties. 

Think you have got selective memory here. The first half was very much our usual non event and no one could be classed as outstanding.

He played well 2nd half but you could pick out a fair few games where he played better from the left. It's easy to pick out the odd game to try and make a point. The previous season for example he was abject in the first half at home to Huddersfield when up front in a 2 and the game was one in the second half when he played wider with 2 others up top.

38 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Think you have got selective memory here. The first half was very much our usual non event and no one could be classed as outstanding.

He played well 2nd half but you could pick out a fair few games where he played better from the left. It's easy to pick out the odd game to try and make a point. The previous season for example he was abject in the first half at home to Huddersfield when up front in a 2 and the game was one in the second half when he played wider with 2 others up top.

True. Ok, 2nd half he was outstanding. Him and Winnall terrorised their defence.

It is easy to pick out odd games. Which is exactly what people do when making a case for FF as a permanent left winger. He's actually played there a lot more than the than the few games that always get mentioned. No one brings up the games where he and the team were poor. 

Truth is he's a great player who can operate in a number of attacking positions. But our rigid system means, like the rest of our forwards, his potential is limited.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

Guest Copthorneowl
8 hours ago, Kanye West said:

So he thinks Fernando is better in the striker position than Hooper, Fletcher and Winnall? Give me strength, he's never been a striker.

Im picking your post Mr but I could pick out dozens of others in the same biased vein in this regular as clockwork Nando bashing thread which equally are inaccurate and crap imo.

Lets not let the facts get in the way of continually bashing our best and most creative player and YES also our best striker:-

For the record I am not a stats person but....

Taking the the total appearances of out and out strikers for the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons the following is the case:-

Apps.         Goals

Hooper        60.               19

Fletcher.       43.               12

Rhodes .      27.                3

totals.          130.              34

Forestiero.   78.               27

All of you try to deal in reality not letting your dislike of FF get in the way of reasoned opinions and as for ISHSB I'm am sorry you have to bear the brunt mate but  I'm with you on this guy who as well as being our best striker is also our best playmaker.

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Im picking your post Mr but I could pick out dozens of others in the same biased vein in this regular as clockwork Nando bashing thread which equally are inaccurate and crap imo.

Lets not let the facts get in the way of continually bashing our best and most creative player and YES also our best striker:-

For the record I am not a stats person but....

Taking the the total appearances of out and out strikers for the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons the following is the case:-

Apps.         Goals

Hooper        60.               19

Fletcher.       43.               12

Rhodes .      27.                3

totals.          130.              34

Forestiero.   78.               27

All of you try to deal in reality not letting your dislike of FF get in the way of reasoned opinions and as for ISHSB I'm am sorry you have to bear the brunt mate but  I'm with you on this guy who as well as being our best striker is also our best playmaker.

I never said I disliked FF, I actually rather like him. 

Also, I disagree with them stats. Without looking myself, I'm going to put it out there that there's no way he's played 78 games as well as scoring 27 while playing as a striker. 

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I never said I disliked FF, I actually rather like him. 

Also, I disagree with them stats. Without looking myself, I'm going to put it out there that there's no way he's played 78 games as well as scoring 27 while playing as a striker. 

It's utterly irrelevant whether or where he plays he scored more goals by a mile per game than anybody and that in itself makes him a striker. My stats are official from who scored.com and they say he played 78 in those two seasons ....end of.

13 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

It's utterly irrelevant whether or where he plays he scored more goals by a mile per game than anybody and that in itself makes him a striker. My stats are official from who scored.com and they say he played 78 in those two seasons ....end of.

What are you talking about?

This thread isn't saying drop Forestieri, it's saying don't play him up front. Scoring more goals per game than anyone doesn't make him a striker necessarily now does it?

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

This thread isn't saying drop Forestieri, it's saying don't play him up front. Scoring more goals per game than anyone doesn't make him a striker necessarily now does it?

What did you make of his 7 goals and 2 assists in 11 games as a striker last season? From Fulham away in November, onwards. 

Just now, Kanye West said:

He actually scored 7 in 14

Still don't rate him as a striker, you're wasting your time. Left mid yes, striker no. 

7 in 11 AS A STRIKER. You can't include games where he played on the wing. Would have been 8 if he'd scored the pen at Brighton. 

If you prefer him on the left, fine. But this idea that he's poor up top is just nonsense.

Guest Copthorneowl
15 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I think if you read all the posts quite a lot are saying bin him utterly ridiculous yes but true.

16 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

7 in 11 AS A STRIKER. You can't include games where he played on the wing. Would have been 8 if he'd scored the pen at Brighton. 

If you prefer him on the left, fine. But this idea that he's poor up top is just nonsense.

OK, 7 in 11 great. 

What about the other games?

44 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

What about them?

I'd say that proves he can indeed play up top.

dont think many are saying he cant play " up top" it's just most think he serves the club better by playing on the left .....

Guest Grez Bez

He is our best player, truly incredible on his day but causes a selection headache.

He should never play up front...

2 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Hi Copthorne good to see posting again.

Of his 27 goals, around 12 came from him playing wide. 

Crudely (without trawling back) he has 12 from around 22 full/part games wide and around 15 from well over 50 as a striker. 

But more importantly, it's what happens to the team goals. I know it's hard to believe because he can be such a live wire, but the team simply dry up when he is up top. Last season we scored under a goal per game with him striking. However much you love his play, that's unsustainable for a promotion-aspiring side.

What served us wonderfully well in two seasons were his goals from wide, which supplemented the goals from the two strikers that it allowed us to play.