Jump to content
Peacenocchio

Carlos clarifies Forestieri comments

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

 

I thought he was the best of a bad bunch personally.

 

If anything he was wrong to pick Rhodes, who may as well have been stood with me.

 

No one with any football knowledge has ever said Rhodes will be consistently effective if you don't consistently get a supply line into the box. There is no point playing him if we don't play to his strengths. 

As ineffective as Rhodes was, it hardly got any better when he went off did it. 

Fernando was as lively as anyone but some would argue his best moments came when he drifted left and was able to run at defenders.

 

I would rather give him a free role from the left cutting in for games we expect to win and let our midfielders who don't get beyond the halfway line anyway cover the defensive duties. Other that or play him as part of a 3 which looks unlikely to happen under Carlos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Almat said:

 

You'd have to be an extreme supporter of Carlos to see this any other way than he's pandered to FF and to the detriment of not only the way we play but also team morale. The bloke has seriously lost the plot. DC needs to step in sharpish...

this is exactly how I see the situation and I'm afraid I'm on the verge of joining the 'carlos out' brigade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

 

But we won? And he scored in both. He was outstanding in the home game. 

 

So bearing that in mind, I'm struggling to understand why Carlos wouldn't start him up front in a play off against the same team, and how you can possibly single him out as the reason we didn't win.

 

And if we were lucky to beat them, you could say they were extremely lucky to beat us on penalties. 

 

The second goal, welcome as it was was in the dieing moments of the game but to be fair I think he played OK in both matches - I am not an FF basher either as an individual or a player - I just think when playing as a front 2 it is to the detriment of the team.  For the other striker I think he must be a difficult strike partner - in both play off games versus Huddersfield he always seemed way too far away from Rhodes / Fletcher to even given them a chance of developing a partnership.  By all accounts he was one of the better players last Saturday so credit to him for effort.   Most of us don't want to drive him out of the club, we just want to see him in what we think is his best position.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like FF is the man in charge....

 

I'll say it again, Carlos has poor man management skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

 

But we won? And he scored in both. He was outstanding in the home game. 

 

So bearing that in mind, I'm struggling to understand why Carlos wouldn't start him up front in a play off against the same team, and how you can possibly single him out as the reason we didn't win.

 

And if we were lucky to beat them, you could say they were extremely lucky to beat us on penalties. 

 

Think you have got selective memory here. The first half was very much our usual non event and no one could be classed as outstanding.

 

He played well 2nd half but you could pick out a fair few games where he played better from the left. It's easy to pick out the odd game to try and make a point. The previous season for example he was abject in the first half at home to Huddersfield when up front in a 2 and the game was one in the second half when he played wider with 2 others up top.

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Think you have got selective memory here. The first half was very much our usual non event and no one could be classed as outstanding.

 

He played well 2nd half but you could pick out a fair few games where he played better from the left. It's easy to pick out the odd game to try and make a point. The previous season for example he was abject in the first half at home to Huddersfield when up front in a 2 and the game was one in the second half when he played wider with 2 others up top.

 

 

True. Ok, 2nd half he was outstanding. Him and Winnall terrorised their defence.

 

It is easy to pick out odd games. Which is exactly what people do when making a case for FF as a permanent left winger. He's actually played there a lot more than the than the few games that always get mentioned. No one brings up the games where he and the team were poor. 

 

Truth is he's a great player who can operate in a number of attacking positions. But our rigid system means, like the rest of our forwards, his potential is limited.

 

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Copthorneowl
8 hours ago, Kanye West said:

So he thinks Fernando is better in the striker position than Hooper, Fletcher and Winnall? Give me strength, he's never been a striker.

 

Im picking your post Mr but I could pick out dozens of others in the same biased vein in this regular as clockwork Nando bashing thread which equally are inaccurate and crap imo.

 

Lets not let the facts get in the way of continually bashing our best and most creative player and YES also our best striker:-

 

For the record I am not a stats person but....

 

Taking the the total appearances of out and out strikers for the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons the following is the case:-

 

                  Apps.         Goals

Hooper        60.               19

 

Fletcher.       43.               12

 

 

Rhodes .      27.                3

totals.          130.              34

 

Forestiero.   78.               27

 

All of you try to deal in reality not letting your dislike of FF get in the way of reasoned opinions and as for ISHSB I'm am sorry you have to bear the brunt mate but  I'm with you on this guy who as well as being our best striker is also our best playmaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

 

Im picking your post Mr but I could pick out dozens of others in the same biased vein in this regular as clockwork Nando bashing thread which equally are inaccurate and crap imo.

 

Lets not let the facts get in the way of continually bashing our best and most creative player and YES also our best striker:-

 

For the record I am not a stats person but....

 

Taking the the total appearances of out and out strikers for the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons the following is the case:-

 

                  Apps.         Goals

Hooper        60.               19

 

Fletcher.       43.               12

 

 

Rhodes .      27.                3

totals.          130.              34

 

Forestiero.   78.               27

 

All of you try to deal in reality not letting your dislike of FF get in the way of reasoned opinions and as for ISHSB I'm am sorry you have to bear the brunt mate but  I'm with you on this guy who as well as being our best striker is also our best playmaker.

 

I never said I disliked FF, I actually rather like him. 

 

Also, I disagree with them stats. Without looking myself, I'm going to put it out there that there's no way he's played 78 games as well as scoring 27 while playing as a striker. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

 

I never said I disliked FF, I actually rather like him. 

 

Also, I disagree with them stats. Without looking myself, I'm going to put it out there that there's no way he's played 78 games as well as scoring 27 while playing as a striker. 

 

It's utterly irrelevant whether or where he plays he scored more goals by a mile per game than anybody and that in itself makes him a striker. My stats are official from who scored.com and they say he played 78 in those two seasons ....end of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

It's utterly irrelevant whether or where he plays he scored more goals by a mile per game than anybody and that in itself makes him a striker. My stats are official from who scored.com and they say he played 78 in those two seasons ....end of.

 

What are you talking about?

 

This thread isn't saying drop Forestieri, it's saying don't play him up front. Scoring more goals per game than anyone doesn't make him a striker necessarily now does it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

 

What are you talking about?

 

This thread isn't saying drop Forestieri, it's saying don't play him up front. Scoring more goals per game than anyone doesn't make him a striker necessarily now does it?

 

 

 

What did you make of his 7 goals and 2 assists in 11 games as a striker last season? From Fulham away in November, onwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He actually scored 7 in 14 including a cup game 

 

Still don't rate him as a striker, you're wasting your time. Left mid yes, striker no. 

Edited by Kanye West
edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kanye West said:

He actually scored 7 in 14

 

Still don't rate him as a striker, you're wasting your time. Left mid yes, striker no. 

 

7 in 11 AS A STRIKER. You can't include games where he played on the wing. Would have been 8 if he'd scored the pen at Brighton. 

 

If you prefer him on the left, fine. But this idea that he's poor up top is just nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Copthorneowl
15 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

 

What are you talking about?

 

This thread isn't saying drop Forestieri, it's saying don't play him up front. Scoring more goals per game than anyone doesn't make him a striker necessarily now does it?

 

 

 

I think if you read all the posts quite a lot are saying bin him utterly ridiculous yes but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

 

7 in 11 AS A STRIKER. You can't include games where he played on the wing. Would have been 8 if he'd scored the pen at Brighton. 

 

If you prefer him on the left, fine. But this idea that he's poor up top is just nonsense.

 

OK, 7 in 11 great. 

 

What about the other games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kanye West said:

 

OK, 7 in 11 great. 

 

What about the other games?

 

What about them?

 

I'd say that proves he can indeed play up top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anlaby Owl said:

this is exactly how I see the situation and I'm afraid I'm on the verge of joining the 'carlos out' brigade.

Aw, never mind you will be a paid up member in 3-4 games lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

 

What about them?

 

I'd say that proves he can indeed play up top.

dont think many are saying he cant play " up top" it's just most think he serves the club better by playing on the left .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is our best player, truly incredible on his day but causes a selection headache.

 

He should never play up front...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

It's utterly irrelevant whether or where he plays he scored more goals by a mile per game than anybody and that in itself makes him a striker. My stats are official from who scored.com and they say he played 78 in those two seasons ....end of.

 

Hi Copthorne good to see posting again.

 

Of his 27 goals, around 12 came from him playing wide. 

 

Crudely (without trawling back) he has 12 from around 22 full/part games wide and around 15 from well over 50 as a striker. 

 

But more importantly, it's what happens to the team goals. I know it's hard to believe because he can be such a live wire, but the team simply dry up when he is up top. Last season we scored under a goal per game with him striking. However much you love his play, that's unsustainable for a promotion-aspiring side.

 

What served us wonderfully well in two seasons were his goals from wide, which supplemented the goals from the two strikers that it allowed us to play.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...