Carlos clarifies Forestieri comments

He's clarified the following for me.

Carlos thinks Foresteri is best employed on the left of midfield.

Foresteri disagrees and says he feels he plays better centrally.

Carlos relents, plays the player where he wants, even though CC knows this will be to the detriment of the team, then tells us this won't happen all the time.

I still find it as embarrassing for both parties and as worrying for SWFC, as when I read the original quotes.

Thanks for the clarification.

Not dealing with the problems with our back four but creating another problem with our strike force. Players like fletcher, hooper and winnall have to be thinking they'll be better off at another club. Hirst has to be thinking about his own push for first team, which looks harder everyday. 

The club has to cut this sqaud down to fewer numbers. Let the same starting 11 build their football together. 

So Carlos thinks forestieri is better up front because Fernando said and he agreed ?

For me ff has always looked dangerous on the left coming in however I can understand if he are playing attaking wing backs that tracking back and covering the gaping holes that are left sometimes is a issue for him (forestieri)

1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

Weaker teams such as ooh let's see Preston North End ? Carlos is out of his depth, he's in a situation that he has never found himself in before in his management career as he only usually lasts a season tops and he's lost the plot .

Totally this. 

If Carlos thinks that Preston are one of the stronger teams.........  they'll be bottom half at best        

25 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

He's clarified the following for me.

Carlos thinks Foresteri is best employed on the left of midfield.

Foresteri disagrees and says he feels he plays better centrally.

Carlos relents, plays the player where he wants, even though CC knows this will be to the detriment of the team, then tells us this won't happen all the time.

I still find it as embarrassing for both parties and as worrying for SWFC, as when I read the original quotes.

Thanks for the clarification.

You could view it like that , my view is just that Carlos thought his best option for starting that game was rhodes and ff up top (wouldnt have been my choice but i do just think it was his)

4 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Solution is staring CC in the face

Go 433

FF on the left

Rhodes/Fletcher in the middle

Find someone to play on the right of those 3... Hooper, Winnall, Wallace, Reach?

be the dream wouldnt it

id even like to see 3 4 3 if we had the players at the back for it

Edited by woodys

5 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Go 433

FF on the left

Find someone to play on the right of those 3... Hooper, Winnall, Wallace, Reach?

We should've gone that formation last season but he won't do it now as he's brought a load of strikers in. FF is perfect for the wide attacker role in a 4-3-3. Ideally, you want some pace on the right and we haven't got any. Forget Rhodes in the middle - not suited for the role. Neither is Winnall. Hooper or Fletcher could give it a go.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

4 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Go 433

FF on the left

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Fox

Hutchinson

Lee     Abdi

Reach Rhodes Forestieri

2 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Apparently he's a great little bloke who'll play anywhere we want him to, even right back if required, oh, except Norwich. We should have cashed in then, he's not good enough to have a team built round him. 

:tango:  glad Chansiri, Carlos, the majority of fans and his teammates don't seem to agree