Carlos clarifies Forestieri comments

6 minutes ago, poite said:

“When you ask players to work like that for the team, they lose energy to be the players that they usually are."

“It’s why you never see players like [Lionel] Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo play on the sides.”

Congratulations Carlos. You have just summed up everything that is wrong with your style of football. A team full of talented players all been asked to sit in their own defensive half. You are murdering them mate.

But as long as the poxy fullbacks can get up to the other end of the pitch we are apparently an attacking side. 

If this had been discussed earlier, then the simple, and obvious, solution of a change of formation could have been worked on throughout pre-season. As it is, the discussion seems to have taken place on the eve of the season, given that FF was played on the left in the friendly games. Perfect timing as always. Unbelievable.

Yeah, so really we are not getting the best out of him because of Carlos's rigid formation that he is stubbornly sticking too. 

Another formation would allow him to be more involved and not have the defensive responsibilities which Carlos puts on his wingers in his ultra defensive 4-4-2.

11 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Really not sure that's true. He still suggested FF would play wide against the weaker teams. Let's see if that's true when we play QPR.

I'd have said 90% of the teams in this league are weaker sides than us.

But if Wednesday think Preston aren't a weaker side than us....then suddenly I'm not sure who is.

FAKE NEWS! hes a bad apple who refuses to play unless he picks where he plays (which carlos actually lets him do) he also really upsets the team who pretend he doesnt by saying what good player and bloke he is and even pretend to celebrate with him when he scores :duntmatter::duntmatter::duntmatter:

9 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

If he does, do you think possibly QPR might decide to go heavy down the right side?

The argument/resolution doesn't even make sense - it means that against the better teams we play FF up front, where he's not as effective for the team.and we get worse results?  

Why would we set up in a less effective way against the better teams??

It's because he's been pandered to - in public.

I agree FF should be played on the left all the time. I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that I don't see anything to suggest Carlos has pandered to FF. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd have said 90% of the teams in this league are weaker sides than us.

But if Wednesday think Preston aren't a weaker side than us....then suddenly I'm not sure who is.

Yep totally agree. Though no doubt Carlos thought 1st game of the season, away from home we'll go for a cautious approach.

Again I'm not saying FF shouldn't play wide every time as I think he should. I just happen to believe what Carlos is saying and I think FF will play left when Carlos thinks its beneficial. If he plays him up front against QPR then I'll change my mind.

18 minutes ago, Almat said:

You'd have to be an extreme supporter of Carlos to see this any other way than he's pandered to FF and to the detriment of not only the way we play but also team morale. The bloke has seriously lost the plot. DC needs to step in sharpish...

Not really. I just happen to believe what Carlos said in his interview.

37 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

But it's still a problem.

He needs to play on the left.

Why isn't he? 

That's the crux of it - he will continue upfront where he is wasted and unbalancing the side.

It clearly doesn't help the other strikers either.

He is being indulged to a level that is detrimental to the team.

4 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yep totally agree. Though no doubt Carlos thought 1st game of the season, away from home we'll go for a cautious approach.

Again I'm not saying FF shouldn't play wide every time as I think he should. I just happen to believe what Carlos is saying and I think FF will play left when Carlos thinks its beneficial. If he plays him up front against QPR then I'll change my mind.

If he played 3 in the middle the could play Fernando wide left every week and not have to ask him to track back.

But that's another story...

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Just remind me what formation Barcelona and Real Madrid play and where Messi and Ronaldo play in that formation?

Is FF likely to score 40+ goals as striker this season?

I'd be surprised if he scored 15 with CCs current philosophy. 

Just now, GoldGigsChris said:

Is FF likely to score 40+ goals as striker this season?

I'd be surprised if he scored 15 with CCs current philosophy. 

Well that is true but both teams play 4-3-3 formations and this was clear to me that we should have adopted this last season.  We were more or less playing it in the 15/16 season as we were that fluid we became 4-3-3 with FF on the left. Why he didn't go with this formation last season and instead he went to a negative, pragmatic 4-4-2 formation with tucked in wingers, I will never know.

You will get the best out of FF playing a 4-3-3 as he can attack from a wider position without the defensive responsibility.  But Carlos is unlikely to do this now as he has 6 front line strikers.  We have now an imbalanced squad and in my personally opinion, I don't think Carlos knows what to do. I have absolutely no sympathy for him!