The Wednesday v Chesterfield Matchday Thread

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Evening gents, back in Blighty in time to spectate this fairly meaningless affair from afar via Owlstalk. However meaningless I'm still irritated by the team selection - what is the point of leaving players like Hirst and Penney out of games like this at this point? There is no logical next step in their development beyond first team development, unless we loan them out which doesn't seem to be happening.

Also are we winning yet? :manager:

Although I can see you point, you have to remember that we have a first team squad of about 25 players.  The ones who didn't start against Preston will be itching to play in this one.  Why would you start youths in front of these players?  The only one I would have considered would have been Thorniley or O'Grady at centre back due to our problems there.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I like Bannan on the left - not always strong enough for a central midfield spot depending on who opponents are. But switching positions, players running off him - what's not to like? 

And he don't drop so bloody deep all the time either.

:biggrin:

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I like Bannan on the left - not always strong enough for a central midfield spot depending on who opponents are. But switching positions, players running off him - what's not to like? 

Agreed.  

Definitely thrives in that position. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Listen Chaps , I'm stuck at home here. Full of Diclofenac and Codeine , leaving me desperatly constipated.

Can someone send a match shot so I can see what the boys look like out there.

Chessie have scored...............................................

Only kiddin'...Bowels moved yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3