New kit in the shop window

Guest Arnold

It looks awful and tacky. It's on a par with last season's home kit. Neither looked like the kits they were supposedly based upon. It looks even worse than the away kit but worse than the quality and designs is that neither the home or away are suitable tributes for Wednesday's 150th anniversary to honour its history and achievements. I wish more thought had gone into the kit choices, especially the home kit or it went to a fan vote. Because really we should have had a home kit based upon one when we won something. My choice would have been one the top flight title winning kits. I will give the home and away kits a miss this year but might get the 3rd shirt but hopefully after this season we will return to a beautiful traditional Wednesday home kit.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

It looks awful and tacky. It's on a par with last season's home kit. Neither looked like the kits they were supposedly based upon. It looks even worse than the away kit but worse than the quality and designs is that neither the home or away are suitable tributes for Wednesday's 150th anniversary to honour its history and achievements. I wish more thought had gone into the kit choices, especially the home kit or it went to a fan vote. Because really we should have had a home kit based upon one when we won something. My choice would have been one the top flight title winning kits. I will give the home and away kits a miss this year but might get the 3rd shirt but hopefully after this season we will return to a beautiful traditional Wednesday home kit.

Out of interest, how would you have liked the kit to look? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I....................t neither the home or away are suitable tributes for Wednesday's 150th anniversary to honour its history and achievements................

. I wish more thought had gone into the kit choices, especially the home kit or it went to a fan vote. Because really we should have had a home kit based upon one when we won something. .........

You mean like the unlucky striped shirts we've worn the the only time we have ever won anything?

We've Upset The Football Balance of the Universe.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Out of interest, how would you have liked the kit to look? 

I would have had it more retro looking.

Ideally based upon one of the top flight title kits, all of which had stripes and black shorts. If it had to be based upon the 60s/70s home kit then it should have looked more like it been retro and better made for the anniversary. But hopefully Chansiri sees sense and brings back a more beautiful and traditional looking Wednesday home kit next season after making a mess of the previous two home kits (that although wrong, they both could have looked better and nicer if they actually did look like the originals). Our two last home kits have looked tacky and poorly designed.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

Just now, Mr. Wednesday said:

I would have had it more retro looking.

Ideally based upon one of the top flight title kits, all of which had stripes and black shorts. If it had to be based upon the 60s/70s home kit then it should have looked more like it been retro and better made for the anniversary. But hopefully Chansiri sees sense and brings back a more beautiful and traditional looking Wednesday home kit next season after making a mess of the previous two home kits (that although wrong, they both could have looked better and nicer if they actually did look like the originals).

I just wonder whether the ones who don't like it are the ones that wouldn't buy one anyway (that would include me!) and the ones that will buy them are happy with something different. 

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I just wonder whether the ones who don't like it are the ones that wouldn't buy one anyway (that would include me!) and the ones that will buy them are happy with something different. 

If I liked it, even if it was stripe less, and wasn't tacky or poorly designed I might have bought it. If it looked retro or was based upon one we wore when we won something I would more than likely had bought one. It's not just the loss of stripes that turns me off its the tackiness, poor design and amateurishness of this seasons home kit and last season's that I dislike most about them. Both could have looked better if they were designed better and looked more like the originals. I will however buy the 3rd shirt as I like the design. I do however prefer collecting and wearing old Wednesday shirts or t-shirts with legends on them. If we return to a more traditional Wednesday kit next I would probably buy the shirt, especially if I like it.

8 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the socks are gonna be white.  This isn't right is it?

White with blue hoops.

Damn you Saxondale.

Edited by mogbad
  • Haha 1

Just entered the competition on our oifficial website to win one of these shirts, says that the winner will be able to pick shirt up after 11am on 11th.

Maybe they're going on sale this weekend. 

I know some don't like it just because its not stripes but I'm certain it will be a good seller just like last seasons as long as price isn't ott. 

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Just entered the competition on our oifficial website to win one of these shirts, says that the winner will be able to pick shirt up after 11am on 11th.

Maybe they're going on sale this weekend. 

I know some don't like it just because its not stripes but I'm certain it will be a good seller just like last seasons as long as price isn't ott. 

I would think it will be priced identically to this year's - otherwise there's not

much point in bringing things in house (if in house means sending a design to a far east factory).

There certainly isn't the promised uplift in quality of design or manufacture to justify the change, so more profit can be the only justification.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I would think it will be priced identically to this year's - otherwise there's not

much point in bringing things in house (if in house means sending a design to a far east factory).

There certainly isn't the promised uplift in quality of design or manufacture to justify the change, so more profit can be the only justification.

The only justification is that it's apparently liked by a bloke with no aesthetic sensibilities whatsoever. 

• Haha 1