Could it be as simple as...

...micro managed tactics? 

Carlos goes on about players getting to know his style of play and in his recent "honest" interview said the players trained well but didn't take that to the pitch.

This immediately suggests the players are at fault, but really? All of them? 

Maybe the tactics have become so technical heavy that the players don't get to "play"anymore but just try to execute the game plan.

Maybe everything is just being over thought...

28 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

...micro managed tactics? 

Carlos goes on about players getting to know his style of play and in his recent "honest" interview said the players trained well but didn't take that to the pitch.

This immediately suggests the players are at fault, but really? All of them? 

Maybe the tactics have become so technical heavy that the players don't get to "play"anymore but just try to execute the game plan.

Maybe everything is just being over thought...

I wondered this especially after the little comment by McGeady. I think we (swfc) are over-complicating what is a simple game.

Carlos is a bang average manager (I got abuse on here for claiming this before the Preston game, funnily enough) and our highly-paid players have become an unbelievably pampered lot. Is that 3 pre-seasons in sunny Portugal now? Some of them couldn't even stay awake on the 2hrs 30 min flight!. Contrast this with what David Wagner did on his first pre-season and see the results he got. DC has indulged both CC and the players far too much. And how have they repaid him?? I hope he's learned his lesson because it's been a flipping expensive one so far....

Edited by Almat

Seems at times we make the simple complicated. We look 'over coached'. 

I wanted to keep Carlos, still do, but I just wonder if the mental impact of losing twice in the playoffs is weighing heavy. The squad needs a bit of an overhaul, but we don't have the finances to do it. Carlos has proved he can get us in the top 6, but I think he needs a few new faces to allow his messages and tactics to get through. This squad is playing like my son does when I ask him to clean his bedroom every single day. In other words, doing the minimum to get through the job. 

Rock and a hard place, and all that. 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Seems at times we make the simple complicated. We look 'over coached'. 

I wanted to keep Carlos, still do, but I just wonder if the mental impact of losing twice in the playoffs is weighing heavy. The squad needs a bit of an overhaul, but we don't have the finances to do it. Carlos has proved he can get us in the top 6, but I think he needs a few new faces to allow his messages and tactics to get through. This squad is playing like my son does when I ask him to clean his bedroom every single day. In other words, doing the minimum to get through the job. 

Rock and a hard place, and all that.