Loovens

Pudil 

Lee

Hutchinson

Bannan/Abdi

Wallace/Boyd

Nuhiu/Rhodes/Hooper/Fletch/Winnall

Matias/FF/Reach

That's the players we've added and play since then... look at the quality compared to that side that included Nuhiu and Helan! What's gone wrong!? I'm sure CC wrote a book on 4-3-3 and how it was the perfect formation etc, what happened to that plan!? With the players we've got now we could play 4-3-3 although we are seriously lacking in pace, as we know. 

Think there's a bit of revisionist thinking in all this, people fondly remembering the 'good old days' through rose tinted glasses.

That season it was all new, all exciting, no one knew about us or rated us, but was it as brilliant as everyone says?

Not as I remember, there were some dismal performances where FF bailed us out with some brilliance on numerous occasions and plenty of well dodgy prrformances.

Also if it was that brilliant, why was there still the constant sniping against CC.

Also, why did we only get into the playoff positions as late as we did if we were so brilliant all season. 

Let's keep it real guys, I would love it to be true but there was plenty that was as bad as last year and plenty that was worse.

4 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

That's the players we've added and play since then... look at the quality compared to that side that included Nuhiu and Helan! What's gone wrong!? I'm sure CC wrote a book on 4-3-3 and how it was the perfect formation etc, what happened to that plan!? With the players we've got now we could play 4-3-3 although we are seriously lacking in pace, as we know. 

Exactly.

Crazy to think Helan & Joao both played in the Arsenal 3-0 as well and looked like world beaters too!

Yeah we have got the players for a 433, although instead of Boyd/Reach if we were to play a 433 i'd rather see McGeady/Macca, quicker, more skilful, better quality on the ball and will try to take more players on. Strange how when CC had those players at his disposal he never opted to try something new.

The biggest problem is that now we have far too many strikers to play any formation that doesn't include 2 on the pitch. And even worse, the better striker we do have are all very similar (Rhodes/Hooper/Winnall/Fletcher). Part of me almost thinks that if we do play a 442, just find a partnership where the play style compliment each other, possibly FF/Nuhiu, Winnall/Fletcher, Hooper,Joao. I don't know, feel like we've recruited poorly in the striker area, don't fit CC's system.

This is like on Football Manager where you go through a really fast play and forget to change the tactic from a really weird narrow one where you tried it out in a friendly for defensive tactics but then you forgot to change it and you wonder why you did bobbar for a bit and when you load the game up and realise you think oh no I have been playing the wrong tactic all this time and instead you change it back and hope that the familiarity is unchanged and they can still play attacking football.

31 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

Months ??? The season is one game old. Get a grip you wet lettuce. This isn't FIFA or footy manger. 

Yes, months. How do you think our style of play last season compared to the first?

Maybe if you weren't so eager to throw around insults, you wouldn't have missed the point.

37 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

Months ??? The season is one game old. Get a grip you wet lettuce. This isn't FIFA or footy manger. 

Appreciate that the season is only a game old but its been turgid for a while now. Some games last season were horrific.

The way we look in that video is worlds away from how we are currently set up to play ...

7 hours ago, snaykz said:

The first game of the 2015/16 season.

Look at how the midfield push forward when we're in possession so the strikers aren't isolated.

Look at how quickly we break when we win the ball.

Look at how the wide midfielders look to stretch the opposition rather than constantly cutting inside.

Look at how mobile and dynamic we are.

Look at how many good chances we create.

Look at our beautiful striped shirts.

How would you compare all this to what you've seen in the last few months?

Bannan not playing and Hunt looks quality..wtf has happened to him