Look At This - Two Years Ago

The first game of the 2015/16 season.

Look at how the midfield push forward when we're in possession so the strikers aren't isolated.

Look at how quickly we break when we win the ball.

Look at how the wide midfielders look to stretch the opposition rather than constantly cutting inside.

Look at how mobile and dynamic we are.

Look at how many good chances we create.

Look at our beautiful striped shirts.

How would you compare all this to what you've seen in the last few months?

• Like 1

It's as if he's over thinking it, or he watch Hull in our first season and tried to model our play on them, only they had more physical players.

Overall I've come up the conclusion that cc has lost the plot. Tactics are all wrong for the players we have and he's signing players who have made a career out of playing a certain position only to give them a role that is alien to them.

Edited by agentwalker

56 minutes ago, snaykz said:

The first game of the 2015/16 season.

Look at how the midfield push forward when we're in possession so the strikers aren't isolated.

Look at how quickly we break when we win the ball.

Look at how the wide midfielders look to stretch the opposition rather than constantly cutting inside.

Look at how mobile and dynamic we are.

Look at how many good chances we create.

Look at our beautiful striped shirts.

How would you compare all this to what you've seen in the last few months?

Excellent post. And succinct too. (I just spent ten minutes hacking away at my own thread and you've summed up all I wanted to say here)

This post and video highlights why everyone is so frustrated 

We lined up;

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Helan

Lopez

Hutchinson

McGugan

Wallace

Nuhiu

Matias

I remember being at the game and thinking how good Matias looked, can't believe its only been downhill for the lad for the majority of his time with us.

Goes to show how even with a smaller budget, if we build the team around core players - that day it was a midfield 3 all in their preferred roles, Hutch CDM, Lopez dictating the game and McGugan in the freely roaming attacking role. Even though he can't defend Helan was an asset simply because he was rapid as well.

Makes you wonder if CC built our current team around other players instead like Abdi & Rhodes where we would be. We've bought too many of the same type of player thats our problem now and any players who bring something new and frozen out because they don't fit with CC's style.

I was looking at the team that beat Arsenal 3-0 and we could put the same team out now, except for Helan. So these players know each other very well.

Shouldn't that make us a better team? Joao started upfront on his own, midfield of Helan, Hutch, Lee, Bannan, Wallace. Same D as yesterday.

Thought we were on our way....

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I miss Alex Lopez.

:unsure:

We never replaced him last year or this. The fact we didn't sign him last summer foreshadowed it all up until now. I'd kill to have him back in our lineup pulling the strings, he must be the most underappreciated Wednesday player in recent memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

I was looking at the team that beat Arsenal 3-0 and we could put the same team out now, except for Helan. So these players know each other very well.

Shouldn't that make us a better team? Joao started upfront on his own, midfield of Helan, Hutch, Lee, Bannan, Wallace. Same D as yesterday.

Thought we were on our way....

The only thing different is the tactical approach.

I'm in no doubt the right new Manager could excel with this squad.

22 minutes ago, canadianowl said:

We never replaced him last year or this. The fact we didn't sign him last summer foreshadowed it all up until now. I'd kill to have him back in our lineup pulling the strings, he must be the most underappreciated Wednesday player in recent memory.

Not under appreciated here.. he used to move the ball quickly and put us on the front many a time. Come to think of it I don't think Bannan has been as effective not playing along side him.

• Like 1