Will he drop his favorite CM?

It's not Bannan....

So many on here criticize Carlos for fielding Bannan week in week out, but actually the CM he always picks to play CM, is Hutch. 

Despite Bannan playing all the six wins on the trot in CM, so many posters wanted Hutch back in instead. And Carlos wanted this too. 

Is part of our problem the fact that Hutch plays CM when fit, and when partly fit? Does he work in a 442? Does he make us play too deep? Is he capable of linking with his CM partner in an attacking sense? Are his interventions generally 25 yards out, rather than 55 yards out, like Lee's and Bannan's?

I understand he was off the pace today. Some posters have been less polite. Others say he looked unfit. Then why on earth is he playing? He is our ONLY other CB. If Loovens gets crocked on Saturday, and today's match puts Hutch out for a handful of games, we take on oppos with Lees and Pudil at CB. 

I think we have better CMs than Hutch, and that he is essential as at least cover for CB, if not in fact a starting place.

Bannan and Hutchinson don't play CM

Central midfielders go forward and offer support and creativity in attack, our midfield is simply a failed attempt at playing 4 centre halves, barely crossed into Preston's half today 

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Hutch carried the team last season for about 3 months.

Hutch is not the problem, it's Carlos telling Bannan to stand next to him!

U say that, but I was just reading in a different thread about how we don't press high up any more. What chance have we got to press high up, when Hutch plays so deep? What would our midfield look like if Bannan started pressing 40 yards from our oppos goal, leaving a 30 yard gaping chasm between he and Sam?

When we were at our best, Bannan, Lee, Wallace and FF were terriers high up the field. 

I believe both of these players are good players in the right system. The tactics are crippling the whole side. The tactics that have caused us to only have 10 shots on target in the last 6 games despite our striking options. No width in the side. No pace. Nothing created at all for some of the best attacking players in the league. Nothing. 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I believe both of these players are good players in the right system. The tactics are crippling the whole side. The tactics that have caused us to only have 10 shots on target in the last 6 games despite our striking options. No width in the side. No pace. Nothing created at all for some of the best attacking players in the league. Nothing. 

10 shots. You sure?

PNE

udders

udders

ipswich

derby

QPR

35 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It's not Bannan....

So many on here criticize Carlos for fielding Bannan week in week out, but actually the CM he always picks to play CM, is Hutch. 

Despite Bannan playing all the six wins on the trot in CM, so many posters wanted Hutch back in instead. And Carlos wanted this too. 

Is part of our problem the fact that Hutch plays CM when fit, and when partly fit? Does he work in a 442? Does he make us play too deep? Is he capable of linking with his CM partner in an attacking sense? Are his interventions generally 25 yards out, rather than 55 yards out, like Lee's and Bannan's?

I understand he was off the pace today. Some posters have been less polite. Others say he looked unfit. Then why on earth is he playing? He is our ONLY other CB. If Loovens gets crocked on Saturday, and today's match puts Hutch out for a handful of games, we take on oppos with Lees and Pudil at CB. 

I think we have better CMs than Hutch, and that he is essential as at least cover for CB, if not in fact a starting place.

When they are all fit we will see Bannan, Hutchinson and Lee all in the midfield. It's so so predictable.

4 minutes ago, pwqe said:

They both play too deep. If they play together one of them has to be further up field

CMs have to work as a tight unit. out of possession, if one gets a nick or a block his partner needs to be near to win second ball. Moving upfield they need to be tied together so one has a partner to pass to or to help him out of a hole.

Hutch doesn't do this. He just sits deep. The partner, whether Bannan, Lee, Abdi, can't stray too far upfield, or risks leaving a huge void in midfield.

Controversial opinion alert - Hutch is actually a right back (he thinks so himself apparently). He could be the best RB in the league as well. Just a tad too short to play CB regularly imo (even though he almost plays CB when named in midfield).