So Called Highlights

5 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Never a penalty. Should have had a point from the game and move on. Poor decision cost us massively.

Poor decision maybe cost a point. Poor football and tactics from a settled team that should have been fired up and ready to go cost us 3.

I thought at the time, it was a stonewall penalty. But I was stood at the opposite end of the ground on Row 3.

After seeing those highlights, it's a dreadful decision. Lees plays nothing but the ball. I'm not sure, judging by the referee's position, how he can get it wrong.

Look at the tough tackling centre midfielders, Wallace must have been the midfield enforcer on the pitch at that time.

Bannan and Jones will do well when a team tries to pass around them, anyone running with the ball will run straight through them. I often wondered, when we played Newcastle, why Shelvey was dropping deep to receive the ball as it played into our hands. The only time he got forward and ran with the ball, first 10 minutes of second half did they look dangerous.

Guest Lostondisplay

Looking at the highlights, was their an offside shout? Can't see the top of the pitch to see if there was anyone playing him on, but looked well offside from what I could see. 

IMG_1695.PNG

Edited by Lostondisplay

When you play without any attacking mentality, all it takes is one error by one of players or the referee and the points are thrown away.

We deserve everything we get if you are going to approach a football game this way.

Its the tactics League 2 teams use when drawn against premier clubs in the cup.

Keep it tight and hope for the best - fine in one off games where you know you are technically inferior and hope gives you a chance but not in a 46 game league season.

It smacks of this team being beaten before they even step out onto the pitch.