Carlos apologises to the fans

1 minute ago, Eastern said:

We must play better, but can we play better?

we have the same squad as last season with the addition of Boyd.

I am not going to panic after one game, but this is going to be a tougher division that last year and we are no stronger than last season. 

Of course we can but not whilst we continue to approach games in this manner. The Alan Irvine respect approach with 25x the budget

Just now, Plonk said:

No good apologising do summat about it had a good budget but that wasn't anywhere near good enough today. Got a big repair job to do now

Good? Amazing more like. I wonder what Stuart Gray would have done with the dreamland budget CC has been handed on a plate? He got us to 13th on a wing and a prayer. CC is easily the most pampered manager in the Champ. 

1 minute ago, Crofty_11 said:

Don't apologize - just play 4-3-3 & start fu**ing going for it.

I'd like us to do something like this Tuesday, or 3-5-2

If it means some of those who played today have to turn out again then so be it

Just try something more attacking!

Not good enough.

This garbage should have ended with the Huddersfield game. 

In terms of progression or re-energising this group for a third push at promotion, this summer has been an absolute disgrace. Today's sh*t performance and the resulting backlash is absolutely warranted and you'd have been blind not to see it coming. 

It's quite frankly a joke we have this abundance of riches up front yet we play so negatively and create nothing. Alright it's one gAme in but it seems nothing has changed in our approach. Bringing Jones on at 0-0 sums Carlos up.

Edited by Ironman

Carlos you can shove it pal, it appear's you have finally been found out and even your staunchest of supporters are turning.

You remind me of a 17 year old me trying to fire on through a whole season of Champ Manager '97  in a few hours without showing any desire to waste time making tactical decisions.

You've been banging your head against a brick wall for more than a year now. All since you managed to eek every bit of talent and confidence out of a talented squad by making them terrified to death of losing.

16 minutes ago, canadianowl said:

Our forwards are not the problem, they try their nuts off 100% and have nothing to work with. They are the last group I'd ever criticize

I think they're part of the problem, but also part of the solution.

Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall- they're just not the kind of forwards that make things happen for themselves, and unfortunately they way we are setting up, they're just not being provided with anything.

We either need to commit to a more attacking game - in which case our strikers are perfectly fine, as they'll convert a high percentage of chances, or we need to think about shuffling the pack in the next 3 weeks and bringing in someone a bit more dynamic- like Joao, but proven.

22 minutes ago, Whelan's Wonderland said:

I'm sorry but an apology doesn't wash. You instructed them to play like that and we've seen it all before too often.

In fact we played exactly like that at Deepdale last year and stole a point somehow. 

I'm reasonably certain the manager didn't instruct our players to play like confused school children on the right flank.

That seems to be something Boyd and Hunt worked out on their own accord.  Would have been a very different looking game with Wallace on from the start.

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think they're part of the problem, but also part of the solution.

Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall- they're just not the kind of forwards that make things happen for themselves, and unfortunately they way we are setting up, they're just not being provided with anything.

We either need to commit to a more attacking game - in which case our strikers are perfectly fine, as they'll convert a high percentage of chances, or we need to think about shuffling the pack in the next 3 weeks and bringing in someone a bit more dynamic- like Joao, but proven.

A dynamic, proven goalscorer?  Good luck with that, esp with us on the FFP edge.

I have to wonder who is actually managing the team. Is DC perhaps instructing Carlos to play in a certain way? It seems impossible to me that after playing the exact same last season and failing that he would repeat the exact same manoeuvres this season? Should it be Chansiri not Carlos out?