Carlos - not the man to take us up

13 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

Issue is, he's literally had all summer to prepare the team for this game.

It's not like he can use the excuses of lack of time to prepare, lack of time to recover, injuries, bad decisions.

It was just a shambles.

Someone else needs to come in and give the squad a shake and get them playing as a team.

The squad we have is good enough to challenge for top 2 this season.

I dont think we're a top 2 squad. 

Weak in both full back positions. 

CB not strong enough.

Midfield are much of a muchness and there isn't a yard of pace between any of them. 

19 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Course he shud go. We didn't have a shot on target.  Also Stam should go as reading lost 2-0 at qpr.  Also the Fulham manager.  No wins in three games for them.  And the borough boss needs to go. They lost 1-0.

And either the villa or hull boss should be sacked.  Will decide which after watching the game.  

I don't think it's the fact we lost that's upset the fans.

It's the manner of the loss. And the fact that today's performance was hardly a one off.

• Like 1

Balance of the team, absolutely shocking today. 

If we wanted to play the short lads Fessi, Bannan, Wallace - then get 5 in midfield, take the work load off Hutch.

If we wanted to play 2 strikers, then it's Bannan on the bench. Reach-Hutch-Jones-Boyd

We need height and strength to bring 2 strikers into play, keep us up the field.

Us fans watch enough football to see these things.

Stopped backing Carlos last season at home against Rotherham. 

Nothing has changed since, this is not a blip it's his style of management which doesn't work for Wednesday for what ever reason.

Poor history

Bad transfers 

No man management skills

Poor tactics 

We should be brave and get rid now because this is only going to continue.

Guest The Horse

I'm beginning to wonder if we've got a Chelsea type situation going on where the players want him gone.
Unless there's a miracle and we play the kind of stuff we know we are capable of, he will be gone.
So will be interesting to see how the players respond once he's out of the door.

Guest We Shall Overcome

To all those that will come on here and say, "I got it wrong he will not get us promoted" GO roger YOURSELVES!!!

14 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I'm gutted.

Stunned he's no intention of changing his approach.

Move him on Mr Chairman with our thanks.

Are you surprised?

Could see it with how we played in preseason.

8 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

His turgid football and refusing to change is.

3ach manager has a style of play and they stick too it unfortunately let's just see how the season unfolds in next few games.

If you was an arsenal fan would you have wanted Wenger sacked ? 

I said Carlos should go after the insipid Huddersfield play off performances inspired by his poor selection / tactics and it's unbelievable we start with Forestieri up front again.  Too many old, slow, small players FFS you've got to win the physical battle first before you can play.  I don't mind losing but not one testing shot on target in 90 minutes against Preston? - if this doesn't ring alarm bells  then what the hell will?   I keep hearing about our wonderful strikeforce but it's so one dimensional - not one of them can beat a man or outpace their marker while we end up weeing off a budding star striker in the process.

57 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

It's too early to call for his head.

But Carlos has to change something.  Last season, a lot of our wins were knife-edge wins - we will not get promotion repeating last seasons match style or form.

Correct. And because every team in the division now know what to expect.

21 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

Stopped backing Carlos last season at home against Rotherham. 

Nothing has changed since, this is not a blip it's his style of management which doesn't work for Wednesday for what ever reason.

Poor history

Bad transfers 

No man management skills

Poor tactics 

We should be brave and get rid now because this is only going to continue.

I'd take issue with man management skills. I think the team spirit and morale is good. It's more the style of play.