Carlos - not the man to take us up

He needs to go now. I'm sorry but that performance is not acceptable whatever way you look at it. 

He will never take us up, too negative, too stuck in his ways, I wanted him gone after Huddersfield but got behind him when the decision was made to keep him, and I had hope he would change our style and be more attacking, but that performance today confirms we aren't going to be playing any different to last season. 

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Was happy in the summer to give Carlos a chance - think 81 points and a 4th placed finish deserved it.

The caveat to that was that he had to learn from the negative, boring tactics as that would ultimately cost us this season like it did last. Signs don't look like that he's learned.

Early doors, but another negative, boring defeat - doesn't look like anything has changed sadly.

Have to agree. I thought he'd earned another year. But wouldn't have been too upset or saddened had he moved on. It's so frustrating that we're playing the same tepid football - and losing. We needed fresh blood - with strength and pace.

Issue is, he's literally had all summer to prepare the team for this game.

It's not like he can use the excuses of lack of time to prepare, lack of time to recover, injuries, bad decisions.

It was just a shambles.

Someone else needs to come in and give the squad a shake and get them playing as a team.

The squad we have is good enough to challenge for top 2 this season.

Well the question as to whether Wednesday would play a more positive brand of football this season, seems to have been answered in the negative. If Carlos thinks setting out for a 0-0 at Preston is going to get us automatic promotion he deserves all the flack he gets. What's the point of having good forwards if they aren't given service. As with recruitment and the need for a quality CB, Carlos has seemingly learned nothing over the summer.  Poor start.

Well the question as to whether Wednesday would play a more positive brand of football this season, seems to have been answered in the negative. If Carlos thinks setting out for a 0-0 at Preston is going to get us automatic promotion he deserves all the flack he gets. What's the point of having good forwards if they aren't given service. As with recruitment and the need for a quality CB, Carlos has seemingly learned nothing over the summer.  Poor start.

8 minutes ago, Stoop said:

He really isn't doing himself any favours at all is he?

Shocking team selection today, just like in the semi with Huddersfield

Im starting to think that the players achieved 81 points and 4th place despite him last season, not because of him

I can see the atmosphere at Hillsborough turning pretty poisonous if things don't change sharpish

Yep. We have an amazingly talented squad, and a torrid team. It's all down the to manager. Sask after the first game is the only option, the players look demoralized. The last 10 minutes all they did was kick out at the Preston players in the frustration. They know nothing will get better already.

Cant argue with this, jury was out last year on Carlos and the verdict now should be a very swift exit. 

This squad is capable of so much more, tactics, team selection poor and has achieved the improbable in turning very good players into average players.

Who'd have thought this team has played together for the best part of 2 years.

Carlos seems to think he's playing some sort of genius continental style tactics - in fact he is just playing negative, wasteful football.

He is also seeing the confidence drain from the playing squad game by game. So hard to get and so easy to lose.

He is throwing away our attacking players and wrecking them. Anyone with creativity is sacrificed to maintain his negative 10 men behind the ball style.

Chansiri needs to pull the trigger now otherwise his money is being flushed down the toilet. 

Course he shud go. We didn't have a shot on target.  Also Stam should go as reading lost 2-0 at qpr.  Also the Fulham manager.  No wins in three games for them.  And the borough boss needs to go. They lost 1-0.

And either the villa or hull boss should be sacked.  Will decide which after watching the game.  

Every time we pressed and won the ball we gave it straight back. We didn't have the ball long enough to create anything worthwhile. Awful.

A continuation of last season. We set up not to lose rather than to win games and seem to have wasted another transfer window.

22 minutes ago, Jowl said:

Recruiment poor, tempo poor, tactics poor. And nothing has changed this season.

I'm afraid the worst thing Chansiri did was give him another year. I don't have faith he can take us up.

I'll get negged and criticised - let's come back to this thread later on in the season,

A big PLUS from me . I agree with every word you said 

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Newcastle bought players in the summer to get out of the league. We've done nothing 

Weve been buying them for three or four windows. We need to freshen things up this summer but CC has a good squad and it's his philosophy that seems to cost us in certain games

Edited by Bluesteel

22 minutes ago, Jowl said:

Recruiment poor, tempo poor, tactics poor. And nothing has changed this season.

I'm afraid the worst thing Chansiri did was give him another year. I don't have faith he can take us up.

I'll get negged and criticised - let's come back to this thread later on in the season,

I'm glad you've not been slated for the above. I said we needed a change at the end of last season & got shot down.

I honestly believe that with someone new in charge, we could utilize the quality we have right through the squad. I think we're in for a long long season if CC remains in charge. It's very hard to positive about Wednesday at the moment. Poor recruitment, poor shirts, poor tactics, a team of individuals.

We really need a change.

3 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

Here we go again, sorry but correct me if i am wrong but carlos was not on the pitch today so who can he be to blame for the players making bad decisions, you can have Sir Alex in charge today.

The players didnt show up how can that be coached. Time to step up to the plate and earn your wages starting next week.

Who sets them up negatively with 10 men behind the ball and no attacking intend? 

Your comments are naive. 

Supported him right up until now. He was a breath of fresh air in the first season and even last season I understood his more pragmatic approach in trying to ensure we didn't drop silly points. 

But to to go into this season and be EVEN MORE cautious than ever is disgraceful with the talent at his disposal. You can blame the recruitment but he has more than enough tools to make us top 2 material. 

Its not a lack of a centre half that's causing us to treat a trip to Deepdale like visiting the Bernabeu.

You can criticise Jordan Rhodes but any goal poacher would struggle to score more than a handful of goals in a Carlos side.

Anyone wondering why Abdi doesn't get a chance...he's too forward thinking, Carlos doesn't like adventure, he's scared of adventure. 

I dont know what's happened but I'd back almost every other Championship manager to get more out of this squad.

We don't act fast and we won't get anywhere near the play offs. We have been well sussed by now.

17 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Far too early to be calling for his head but Carlos needs to wake up and sharpish. Team selection, tactics and playing staff have not evolved for 12 months and this needs rectifying asap.

Setting up compact is fine but not having any pace in that side will kill you. The only chance of scoring are counter attacks or set plays. We do neither. He either needs to revert to the style of his first season and let of the shackles or buy the appropriate players to make us an attacking threat in this current system. 

Could go on and on but won't be saying anything that hasn't already been said. Peed off tonight big style.

Disagree - he doesn't deseve any more time to wake up, he ignored the obvious last season and had wasted a whole pre season already. If he can't see the failing now when every disgruntled fan, pundit and his dog can then he never will.