Carlos - not the man to take us up

Recruiment poor, tempo poor, tactics poor. And nothing has changed this season.

I'm afraid the worst thing Chansiri did was give him another year. I don't have faith he can take us up.

I'll get negged and criticised - let's come back to this thread later on in the season,

• Like 2

He really isn't doing himself any favours at all is he?

Shocking team selection today, just like in the semi with Huddersfield

Im starting to think that the players achieved 81 points and 4th place despite him last season, not because of him

I can see the atmosphere at Hillsborough turning pretty poisonous if things don't change sharpish

We badly needed a change and that was apparent from the Huddersfield game. 

Today it feels like teams have changed things up and improved all over the division. The only other sides you'd say are either worse or have stayed still are the likes of Barnsley and Ipswich. Every other side you'd expect to be competing at our end looks like they've done the work to improve.

By contrast we look stale, short of ideas and almost beat before a ball has been kicked. Well, apart from now a ball has been kicked and it's resulted in an entirely limp defeat at Preston where we've looked absolute GARBAGE with all the same issues as last season and NO evidence of change.

I said a few days ago in another thread that for me Carlos had a big first 6 games, with a set of fixtures that allowed us to really hit the ground running and that anything less than 4 wins from 6 would be absolute failure. Well we've already lost one and it was a pathetic, lifeless surrender at that. 

Garbage. Giving Carlos another year was a mistake and nobody will be able to convince me that this season will end up a waste unless there is drastic change before the end of this window, be it players or management. 

Was happy in the summer to give Carlos a chance - think 81 points and a 4th placed finish deserved it.

The caveat to that was that he had to learn from the negative, boring tactics as that would ultimately cost us this season like it did last. Signs don't look like that he's learned.

Early doors, but another negative, boring defeat - doesn't look like anything has changed sadly.

I love Carlos.

The first season was fantastic - a real pleasant surprise. THe 2nd season we improved our league positions - but ultimately missed out on the best chance we had of promotion we had.

If we're aiming to go up - especially top 2 as the chairman wants, Carlos isn't the man, sadly.

Might get a Bryan Gunn-Paul Lambert situation after one game, it's what is needed.

What would an attacking style manager get out of our side, we'd be battering sides.I think eventually we'll be finding that out, just hope it's in time.

Not just about results but charging a lot of money from people to not be entertained at all.

Lack of signings, lack of stripes, lack of youth in the team are not the issue!

lack of tactics and ideas is the issue!

we have so much potential but play like a time happy to get a draw as if we are fighting relegation... we've already had 1 season of shíte football, we won't get promoted doing it again

bye carlos

Far too early to be calling for his head but Carlos needs to wake up and sharpish. Team selection, tactics and playing staff have not evolved for 12 months and this needs rectifying asap.

Setting up compact is fine but not having any pace in that side will kill you. The only chance of scoring are counter attacks or set plays. We do neither. He either needs to revert to the style of his first season and let of the shackles or buy the appropriate players to make us an attacking threat in this current system. 

Could go on and on but won't be saying anything that hasn't already been said. Peed off tonight big style.

I told myself not to react if we lost the first game, after all Newcastle lost their first two.

But the insipid playoff approach seems to have carried itself over. He/they need to pull their finger out.

Carlos - it's not a complicated game. Hard work, speed and aggression are needed. We are lacking two of those.