Djourou DEAL OFF!!

20 minutes ago, Rogers said:

His missus has turned up seen Sheffield and thought the south of France or the Itslian coast might be slightly better. 

Nah, His missus saw the new t1ts/rimming banner on the back of the west stand and thought it was larger version of La Chambre 

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox
18 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Either failed the medical or for a better offer last minute!

Or maybe we've made a breakthrough on another target, and pulled the plug. 

I'm desperate for us to sign a good CB, and Djourou looks a very decent option, but if this is anything to do with agent feckmuppetry then I'd be pleased to see the club continue their zero tolerance stance. They're absolutely wrecking the game and sod 'em.

Dom wakes up early, his back hurts and his head feels like a bucket

It's always the same whenever he falls asleep on the couch

He squeezes one eye shut against the glare of the bathroom light and squints back at his reflection in the cabinet mirror

"Oh, no!" he mutters as his one good eye widens in shock. "I didn't, I couldn't have!"

He lurches back through to where he left his laptop, there on the floor by the couch, almost tumbling full length over last night's empties

He logs on to his twitter account, and there it is

"Oh, no," he breathes. "It's true."

A second check confirms his colleagues at the Sh** Stirrers have decided to run with his 'scoop' whilst another tells him the story has since become 'fact' on Owlstalk

"Ah well." he decides with a nonchalant shrug. "It's deal off, isn't it. Deal off! Happens all the time."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The journos are getting stick but they did only say we were trying to finalise last night. I'd rather they break into than not. 

I have a feeling an agent probably wants x at last minute and now it's stalled. Could still happen.

Could be right agent maybe recognises we aren't paying a transfer fee so wants that making up in wages and signing on fees?

Oldest trick in the book. Take the deal as far as possible, medical done etc and then ask for a few more quid. They know we are desperate. 

Appears that we have called his bluff. That said, in recent years a number of deals have gone the distance. Rhodes, McGugan, Abdi etc.  Still wouldn't surprise me if this lad signed.