Steering Group Meeting Summary

1 hour ago, roaminowl said:

I read somewhere (??) that the last time we played them was all ticket and no pay on the gate, so I bought mine 2 weeks ago from the Fulham website. It didn't really identify which stand was the 'mixed stand' on their website so I chose the section next to the away fans. There were loads of seats to pick from - I took that as an indication that it wasn't going to be full of Fulham fans but I guess we'll find out.

Thanks. Unless by a fluke I get a ticket I'll do the same. Do you remember what the stand was called?  

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Since 1890 the only years we didn't have what I would deem as blue and white stripes were:-

1965-1972

1995-1997

And last season.

Whether you are bothered about the stripes or not let's not try and justify it by saying "there's loads of times we haven't worn stripes".

No there isn't!

Oi, stop air-brushing out 23 years of our history

lol

9 hours ago, Ash76 said:

I don't really care and it doesn't matter but this supplier issue. You'd have thought they'd have signed a legally binding deal so that goalposts couldn't be moved 

Not buying that one myself (the explanation not the kit)

Happens a lot. Supplier makes an arse of their quote and has to go back to customer. On this occasion, I can easily see us screwing down all the quotes we got until someone took a deal. Then realised the deal wasn't feasible.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Happens a lot. Supplier makes an arse of their quote and has to go back to customer. On this occasion, I can easily see us screwing down all the quotes we got until someone took a deal. Then realised the deal wasn't feasible.

Happens all the time our vendors often mess quotes up and until a contract is signed it's just that a quote not legally binding, albeit you get a poo name for conducting business like this.

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not really sure how anyone can say that blue and white shirts isn't Wednesday's tradition. Even if we didn't wear them for our first 23 years. Traditions can be started whenever, they don't have to be from the 19th century. Traditional =/= original

I'll back this up. Leeds traditional colours are?

Correct,

How many clubs are in their original shirts? And what would they say would be their traditional colours?

What we wore when we were first formed in 1867 is not the issue. Our identity is blue and white stripes

http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/Eng_004.htm

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

Someone kept trumping, DC got annoyed, there was a bit of beaf.

Trumping is a Wednesday tradition. He'll be closing the toilets at half time next to stop the interval dump so valued by a section of fans. And people think he's a benign dictator. No words. 

Guest Deleted member
11 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

8 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Happens all the time our vendors often mess quotes up and until a contract is signed it's just that a quote not legally binding, albeit you get a poo name for conducting business like this.

To be fair. It's not like our 150th anniversary is a huge surprise, and it's not like changing the kit supplier is either. 

This should all have been sorted 6 months before May, with a design chosen (preferably after 3 choices had been voted on by season ticket holders) and kit available to buy from the end of May 

There's no way we should have been in May not knowing who was supplying us, then scratching around after a supplier (allegedly)  changed their terms of supply. 

Just now, Grandad said:

To be fair. It's not like our 150th anniversary is a huge surprise, and it's not like changing the kit supplier is either. 

This should all have been sorted 6 months before May, with a design chosen (preferably after 3 choices had been voted on by season ticket holders) and kit available to buy from the end of May 

There's no way we should have been in May not knowing who was supplying us, then scratching around after a supplier (allegedly)  changed their terms of supply. 

Stop moaning. 

15 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Since 1890 the only years we didn't have what I would deem as blue and white stripes were:-

1965-1972

1995-1997

And last season.

Whether you are bothered about the stripes or not let's not try and justify it by saying "there's loads of times we haven't worn stripes".

No there isn't!

So thats 9 seasons out of 127 less the war years. And two of those 95 to 97 we are giving them the benefit of any doubt. I think thats pretty convincing in anybody's eyes.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

If the supplier came back and doubled the costs in may, what else do you expect them to do?

I agree but until a contract is drawn up there is nothing legally binding, as previously stated it's not a good way to conduct business, but SWFC, will be treated as any other corporate client I'm afraid with no special treatment. I work on extremely large projects with very large annual budgets and it happens all the time.

Guest Deleted member
3 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

If the supplier came back and doubled the costs in may, what else do you expect them to do?

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I agree but until a contract is drawn up there is nothing legally binding, as previously stated it's not a good way to conduct business, but SWFC, will be treated as any other corporate client I'm afraid with no special treatment. I work on extremely large projects with very large annual budgets and it happens all the time.

Thats what I mean - everything should have been in place well before May

Thats what I mean - everything should have been in place well before May

What will have happened is thet will have put a competition  out for the product, firms will have tendered the club will have awarded the job and then the vendor has changed his quote. The club won't have been happy and pulled the plug and the process will have been run again.