Season Ticket Prices 1937-8 !

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

What would these prices be in todays money?

I found an online calculator...forgive me if this is wrong. It won't let you use the year 2017

Im sure someone on here will correct me! 

IMG_5003.PNG

Using consumer price indexes on inflation, £3 in 1937 would approximate to around £190.00 in today's money.

Although as factors in the calculation of inflation vary widely across the years, this can only be a very rough calculation.

half price for ladies in the seats but no reduction on the terraces makes you wonder if they wernt allowed in or expected to stand up .........original shareholder can take his wife and bit on the side which is very forward thinking by the club .

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

half price for ladies in the seats but no reduction on the terraces makes you wonder if they wernt allowed in or expected to stand up .........original shareholder can take his wife and bit on the side which is very forward thinking by the club .

I never did but when I was a lad I recall some of my mates used to stand outside a shareholders entrance asking if shareholders could take them in for nothing!  That would keep the club's child protection officer busy today! ;-)

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

What would these prices be in todays money?

about the same .......the average wage back then was 137 quid a year so taking 2 quid as the average entry that's around 1.5% of your yearly earnings ......taking 500 quid as the average this year with earnings at the national average of 27k works out at around  1.8% of your yearly income .................I think

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

about the same .......the average wage back then was 137 quid a year so taking 2 quid as the average entry that's around 1.5% of your yearly earnings ......taking 500 quid as the average this year with earnings at the national average of 27k works out at around  1.8% of your yearly income .................I think

Thats the average but it would have been a far bigger chunk out of the majority of footie fans wages . It was working mans theatre and the general workers never earn near the average .

9 hours ago, cactus said:

Using consumer price indexes on inflation, £3 in 1937 would approximate to around £190.00 in today's money.

Although as factors in the calculation of inflation vary widely across the years, this can only be a very rough calculation.

https://www.measuringworth.com/calculators/ukcompare/relativevalue.php

quite right, it can be complex