The new Sheffield Wednesday home shirt

8 hours ago, kobayashi said:

We DONT have to play in any other kit but stripes.

There is no world shortage of stripped fabric nor any legal restrictions. We are playing in an Ipswich kit simply because of the arrogance and stupidity of one man. 

So, do you think when we get stripes back we will be playing in a Huddersfield or Brighton kit? No, we are the Wednesday and Ipswich look like us!

13 hours ago, qantas said:

Certainly is a Wednesday kit, after stripes it's the most iconic strip there is, it's also the strip I grew up watching them wear for seven seasons, if anything, when they returned to stripes against Fulham on Swan's return, that's when the team didn't look like Wednesday to me, it took a few games to gel, I do prefer stripes but if we HAD to play in any other kit but stripes from now on, this new one would be the one as far as I'm concerned....so, yes I hope the stripes come back but in the mean time this will do nicely.

sit on the fence too long and you get piles

6 hours ago, ash60s said:

sit on the fence too long and you get piles

Who's sitting on the fence?, I've already said I prefer stripes & want them back but, if we're having a change, which is also part of our history with kits, then this season's is the best option as far as I'm concerned & for reasons already stated...it's certainly better than last season's shirt which was worn for just a few games in 1962.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:30, mike312 said:

If dc is trying to maximise income surely the easiest way would be to produce a striped kit ( which more people like) and keep his personal tastes out of it?

What he's done is produce a kit that people will accept but not necessarily buy.

Like last seasons then lol