The new Sheffield Wednesday home shirt

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Horrible

1965-1972 was a very unsuccesful period in our history.

Even in the run to the 1966 Cup Final, we played all 6 games in white. I was at 5 of them. Missed Newcastle away.

One of the best days of my footy supporting life was August 1972 when Peter Swan led us out to play Fulham in our traditional kit. Sunny day. 25,000 crowd. 3-0 win.

The gold and black away kit looks OK though.

Think I prefer supporting Wolves to Ipswich.  

You sound like a whining old get.

Suppose when we played in orange we were Holland then .

The home kit is blue and white we kick off in 3 days get behind the boys !

Disappointing choices to celebrate 150 years. Should have been either our kit for the first 10 years or so (blue and white horizontal hoops), or the most often used pattern for over 100 of the 150 years (blue and white vertical stripes). The eclectic choices are blue and white halves(used for only 2 years), or blue body and white sleeves (used from 1965 to 1972 only and generally disliked). 

As someone who first went to Hillsborough in 1955 so approaching 70, I will not be buying one whatever but I am certain that part of the critical support from the crowd is really enhanced by the right kit. We need to excite the crowd and blue and white stripes would have really helped. So a real thumbs down on the choice-not the right way to celebrate 150 years. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

No, it's not the worst home kit we've had and it's an improvement on last season's but for me it's similar to last season's in that it's a modern update. To me it doesn't look like the 1960s kit it's based upon. I prefer the away one because it's more creative and interesting. However neither kit seem suitable tributes for the 150th anniversary. A more fitting tribute would have been a kit replicating the iconic style of the early 1990s or a kit based upon the top flight title winning teams to honour the club's past and achievements.

Its not possible to make this sentence more nonsensical.

Against City when we went down it was torrential rain as I remember and Mike Summerbee came on as Sub scored a pen and did a "Babe Ruth" but still Grummitt went the wrong way? also didn't look like there was a spare bit of room in the ground yet 45,000 gate.. Hillsborough held more than that then didn't it ?

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

If dc is trying to maximise income surely the easiest way would be to produce a striped kit ( which more people like) and keep his personal tastes out of it?

What he's done is produce a kit that people will accept but not necessarily buy.

Guest Grez Bez

I'd love to know how the relationship with Elev8 came about

"Hi Mr Chansiri

We make ebergy drinks but will do a few kits for ya

Cheers

D8ve From Tinsley"

6 hours ago, mike312 said:

If dc is trying to maximise income surely the easiest way would be to produce a striped kit ( which more people like) and keep his personal tastes out of it?

What he's done is produce a kit that people will accept but not necessarily buy.

Because FFP could be a long term problem. Not just this season. 

Back to stripes next year and maximize the revenue then.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

7 hours ago, kobayashi said:

It looks crap but even if it were tailored on Savile Row from the purest Chinese silk it still wouldn't be a Wednesday kit.

Certainly is a Wednesday kit, after stripes it's the most iconic strip there is, it's also the strip I grew up watching them wear for seven seasons, if anything, when they returned to stripes against Fulham on Swan's return, that's when the team didn't look like Wednesday to me, it took a few games to gel, I do prefer stripes but if we HAD to play in any other kit but stripes from now on, this new one would be the one as far as I'm concerned....so, yes I hope the stripes come back but in the mean time this will do nicely.

2 hours ago, qantas said:

Certainly is a Wednesday kit, after stripes it's the most iconic strip there is, it's also the strip I grew up watching them wear for seven seasons, if anything, when they returned to stripes against Fulham on Swan's return, that's when the team didn't look like Wednesday to me, it took a few games to gel, I do prefer stripes but if we HAD to play in any other kit but stripes from now on, this new one would be the one as far as I'm concerned....so, yes I hope the stripes come back but in the mean time this will do nicely.

We DONT have to play in any other kit but stripes.

There is no world shortage of stripped fabric nor any legal restrictions. We are playing in an Ipswich kit simply because of the arrogance and stupidity of one man. 

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

We DONT have to play in any other kit but stripes.

There is no world shortage of stripped fabric nor any legal restrictions. We are playing in an Ipswich kit simply because of the arrogance and stupidity of one man. 

I know we don't have to, I'm just making the point that Blue body with White sleeves IS a Wednesday kit & one I remember very fondly, also if we're talking traditional/original, we didn't wear the broad stripes most of love for fifteen years after our formation...yes most people alive today think stripes when they think of our kit but having a change every now & then is also part of our history.