Again we are going into the season without a player with genuine pace or with the ability to go past a man. 

I know Carlos doesn't like that sort of player as it doesn't fit in with his system, but having a pacy option on the bench just gives us something else. Another option when we are looking to win a game. 

Very worried this season is going to mirror last seasons dull, laborious performances which we make hard work out of. May have got us points last season but it didn't get us up and this league has only been strengthened.

Buzzing for Saturday and will go into in optimistic but deep down I don't think CC will last long this time round. Hope that's not the case.

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Pace with end product are at a premium and we are shopping carefully, plenty of Linford Christie's with no quality out there!

Remember Franz Carr...he would burn past three defenders and then cross it into the kop.

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Again we are going into the season without a player with genuine pace or with the ability to go past a man. 

I know Carlos doesn't like that sort of player as it doesn't fit in with his system, but having a pacy option on the bench just gives us something else. Another option when we are looking to win a game. 

Very worried this season is going to mirror last seasons dull, laborious performances which we make hard work out of. May have got us points last season but it didn't get us up and this league has only been strengthened.

Buzzing for Saturday and will go into in optimistic but deep down I don't think CC will last long this time round. Hope that's not the case.

Think Reach may have the pace/ ability to beat a man and get in a good cross but it needs coaching into him, we seem to depend on Hunt and Pudil for crosses and good ones  are very few to say the least.

23 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Exactly, then look at Teddy Sheringham complete opposite. Some of our fans are obsessed about us signing pace. 

An option of pace is an asset though and means we aren't one dimensional. 

Failing that I'll take a player of Sheringham's quality. 

Neither will happen.

Just now, MuddyFunkster said:

An option of pace is an asset though and means we aren't one dimensional. 

Failing that I'll take a player of Sheringham's quality. 

Neither will happen.

I don't think we are as one-dimensional as some are making out. 

Just now, AwokenGiant said:

I don't think we are as one-dimensional as some are making out. 

First season under Carlos I would have said no. Last season it was very obvious, especially once other teams knew that sitting back was the best way to nullify us.

1 minute ago, MuddyFunkster said:

First season under Carlos I would have said no. Last season it was very obvious, especially once other teams knew that sitting back was the best way to nullify us.

But, we got more points last season than the previous!

Edited by AwokenGiant

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How do you know this Sally? Have you had a chat with Carlos and did he say "I Don't like too much the player with the fast speed."