after play offs twice?

We have reached the play offs twice in a row so what will happen if we make wholesale changes like some on here want?.

Several clubs have had the same history as us with the play off's, but then went into freefall, be careful 0f what you wish for, I believe that we only need to get rid of a couple of players and we can only sell players that other clubs want, so that leaves the likes of FF, Lees, Westwwod, Bannan, Lee.

For me, if we could get £5-8m for FF I would take it.

I'd only sell Fernando if he had the season of his career and we still didn't make it and only to a non-championship club.

Edit: I think in that case he'd end up a Newcastle, West Ham, Watford or Burnley rather than a Derby or a Wolves.

Edited by TrueOwl

The problem with selling FF or any that you mention is that they will all in probability remain in the Championship. That means they will strengthen our competitors to some degree.

If they were to move out of the division then perhaps. You also have to guard against skulduggery. Its possible as Brian Clough demonstrated with the Lee Chapman transfer, to arrange a transfer to a foreign club and then that club transfer them back to a competitor.

best keep them if we can afford to.

9 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

I'd only sell Fernando if he had the season of his career and we still didn't make it and only to a non-championship club.

Edit: I think in that case he'd end up a Newcastle, West Ham, Watford or Burnley rather than a Derby or a Wolves.

Don't think he's good enough for the Premier League. Otherwise he'd already have or be playing in it now.

1 minute ago, LiamAP22D said:

Don't think he's good enough for the Premier League. Otherwise he'd already have or be playing in it now.

I don't think he world work in a bottom half side full of affable cloggers which is where he would end up. I think he'd fair better in a mid table La Liga side. I'd reserve judgement on Fernando under Carlos because he's not getting the best out of him and the system doesn't suit him. At a team like Fulham he'd be unplayable.

If we are happy to sell anyone then it means they are not good enough for a top 2 championship side. I'm happy enough selling anyone anywhere at this point as long as it's for a good price. Particularly in midfield where we just can't seem to find the right balance. We desperately need 1 more CB as cover or for the first team. If a centre mid leaves to bring in a CB then I'd see that as good business

Spot on!!!... How many clubs in the Premier league have expectations of being in the top four at the end of the season possibly six!!

In comparison the championship has 16 possibly 18 clubs that have expectations of making the top six that's how hard this league is even Newcastle and Brighton with a couple of bad results towards the end the last campaign could still be down in the mire with us that's how close this league is.  

We've had two comparably good seasons lost to the better team at Wembley and the better team in the play offs last season.

We've no given right to expect to be in that position again this season its going to be a fight right up to end again.

We could be in for a mediocre season but learn from our past some good seasons under Francis then a bad one led to change and the downward spiral started.

If we're top at Christmas chuffing brilliant if we're 10th not so good but let's not press that panic sacking button.

Obviously if we're at the bottom PANIC!!!!

Bring on the season up the OWLS...

Don't want wholesale changes. Want to be sensible in the transfer market to improve the team, solve problems that we've all be aware of for the last 2 years (solid CB and solid CM). Instead we've bought a load of squad players in the same positions who rarely get near the first team. Personally I'd have sold Forestieri for 5m+.