Are we blowing to much smoke up...

35 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

We've sort of gone from relegation fodder to serious promotion contenders under Chansiri. We've missed out the bit in the middle.

Not sure the reality backs up your perception. In the seriously-under-spending seasons (certainly compared to now) post-promotion from L1 up to DC taking over we finished 18th, 16th and 13th (PROGRESS!!). Interestingly, the team that finished directly behind us those first 2 seasons were................Huddersfield (they finished 3 places below us when we finished 13th). 

BTW, I think DC is a breath of fresh air and wouldn't want him to leave. I just hope he gets what he desperately wants, promotion, before he decides is it worth all the expenditure/hassle..

Guest RocketOwl

What a stupid OP.

Chansiri has bought some brilliant players and is one of the few foreign owners who genuinely seems to care about the club he owns, the lack of spending is so we don't do a Blackburn, Forest etc and go into FFP meltdown.

Carlos has more than enough toole to win promotion so Chansiri has done his job.

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

What a stupid OP.

Chansiri has bought some brilliant players and is one of the few foreign owners who genuinely seems to care about the club he owns, the lack of spending is so we don't do a Blackburn, Forest etc and go into FFP meltdown.

Carlos has more than enough toole to win promotion so Chansiri has done his job.

What does "genuinely seem to care" mean? Isn't the fact he wants promotion to maximise the return on his investment just as plausible a statement? Not that there's anything wrong with that - but let's not romanticise a guy who charges £49 for a Second Division game lol as some sort of fuckingsaint.

At the risk of sounding a bit like a "what have the romans ever done for us?"

he has done things that were well overdue. Investing in the team, upgrading the pitch, and starting to address the training facilities.

all these are big ticket items with big ticket prices.

he has also stuck by his manager which is commendable, although I wouldn't have for once

but

the match day prices are obscene and given us loads of bad press

changing the traditional kit and identity simply because he doesn't like stripes

changing the badge

commercial side a joke with empty boxes everywhere

plastered his name everywhere (not remotely narcissistic)

micro managing everything 

On balance, I am getting fed up with it all

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

What does "genuinely seem to care" mean? Isn't the fact he wants promotion to maximise the return on his investment just as plausible a statement? Not that there's anything wrong with that - but let's not romanticise a guy who charges £49 for a Second Division game lol as some sort of fuckingsaint.

Exactly - there's nothing wrong with what he's doing and i've nowt against him but its weird how people believe a thai food heir has some philanthropic desire to see wednesday do well. 

Arguably he's had the most detrimental impact on the fans - given that his arrival prompted the cost of going to the game to soar. 

Again - i'm not really digging him out - but people saying how much they love him is weird.

Dejphon Chansiri has earned the respect and trust of us. Anyone who disagrees isn't seeing the picture in the correct way in my opinion. I'm not saying everything he has done is perfect but what he has done which in my opinion is the most important is taken us from a mid table side that had one eye looking over our shoulder and had about as much chance of promotion as Ryan Giggs winning a brother of the year award. Now we are looking at a club that is ready to go up. As a fan base we are ready for the Premier League, we just need to do the hard bit of actually getting there. For doing that in the 2&1/2 years he's been at the helm is a big achievement. Also the small things that have improved at the club are to his credit as well.

50 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Dejphon Chansiri has earned the respect and trust of us. Anyone who disagrees isn't seeing the picture in the correct way in my opinion. I'm not saying everything he has done is perfect but what he has done which in my opinion is the most important is taken us from a mid table side that had one eye looking over our shoulder and had about as much chance of promotion as Ryan Giggs winning a brother of the year award. Now we are looking at a club that is ready to go up. As a fan base we are ready for the Premier League, we just need to do the hard bit of actually getting there. For doing that in the 2&1/2 years he's been at the helm is a big achievement. Also the small things that have improved at the club are to his credit as well.

Whatever the correct way is. He's done things that go against what I regards as important club and football traditions  - the price we've paid for nearly getting promoted. We will all have our own differing views on that. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Whatever the correct way is. He's done things that go against what I regards as important club and football traditions  - the price we've paid for nearly getting promoted. We will all have our own differing views on that. 

If we're talking about ticket prices then I'm 100% with you, that's effectively what I was referring too when I said not everything is perfect.

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If we're talking about ticket prices then I'm 100% with you, that's effectively what I was referring too when I said not everything is perfect.

I'm fundamentally talking about ticket prices, stripes and the Chansiri brand plastered everywhere. Not a fan of weird shirt numbers either -  I always wanted to wear the Wednesday number nine shirt, imagine Shearer wearing 6 for Newcastle or Geordies turning into the All Blacks. Not going to happen.

And I'm not one for hero worshipping chairmen - after all which one has achieved most in terms of league position in the last half a century?

11 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I'm fundamentally talking about ticket prices, stripes and the Chansiri brand plastered everywhere. Not a fan of weird shirt numbers either -  I always wanted to wear the Wednesday number nine shirt, imagine Shearer wearing 6 for Newcastle or Geordies turning into the All Blacks. Not going to happen.

And I'm not one for hero worshipping chairmen - after all which one has achieved most in terms of league position in the last half a century?

The stripes I agree with you on. I like blue and white stripes and am not a fan of the blue body and white sleeves that will be out kit this season. Wednesday should play in blue and white stripes. The brand around the ground brings in it's own revenue that has allowed us to bring in the players we have. It's a clever source of revenue and that represents good business sense, I'd rather have that than a company I have no connection too being advertised everywhere.

As for the squad numbers that hasn't really anything to do with the fans is it? That's between the club and the players and from what I hear the players don't care about numbers. Unfortunately the significance of numbers in football is less important these days as it is a squad game. Players now I don't think are that bothered about what number they are as long as they are playing. Don't get me wrong we'd all like to see the target man striker wearing 9 and the wingers 7 and 11 but it's not as important as the other things we've mentioned.

21 hours ago, ka58 said:

Exactly - there's nothing wrong with what he's doing and i've nowt against him but its weird how people believe a thai food heir has some philanthropic desire to see wednesday do well. 

Arguably he's had the most detrimental impact on the fans - given that his arrival prompted the cost of going to the game to soar. 

Again - i'm not really digging him out - but people saying how much they love him is weird.

yeah give me Dave Allen anytime...what has DC ever done for us

Edited by daveyboy66

On 7/31/2017 at 19:16, bedfordowl said:

Just look how far we have came since scraping the Bottom of the barrel with transfers and the pitch etc etc 

he has brought the club a long way in the short time he has been hear on and off the field 

I was talking to a blunt earlier  (I know, I should know better) and he reckons we haven't made any progress cos we're still in the same league. Even tho we've gone from serial relegation candidates to consecutive play offs, we're no no better off and we're just treading water lol