You guys using on android fire tv stick ?

I have it on there seems to work a treat on TV 

You can also have Turbo VPN installed if need be if this method still works for people in the UK 

Looking good for Saturday all being well at least it's better than nothing for overseas owls 

WAWAW ROLL ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, Madmax said:

I watched match on it yesterday: No bloody comentary tho & loads of buffering. You coild either watch with no comentary or listen with no picture: Not impressed

was yours buffering throughout mate? i had issues first half but played all the way through 2nd - was wondering if its same issue timing for everyone or just luck of the draw/your own broadband etc

Can't understand those moaning really. 

For genuine users, it gives them a chance to go from never seeing a game to watching more than most actuallt based in sheffield. 

For those using a VPN it is a signigicantly cheap alternative to going to Hillsborough or like me a chance to get the games you cant get too for whatever reason. 

Stop moaning and enjoy never missing a match. 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It would probably be a good idea to not draw any more attention to this being used via VPN's.

I'd hazard a guess that those behind the scenes who are involved with setting this up, know all about vpns.

I'd also guess that they aren't that bothered, as long as money comes in from somewhere.

Otherwise they'd surely have implemented some sort of barrier to using them?

Just now, SirSheridan said:

I'd hazard a guess that those behind the scenes who are involved with setting this up, know all about vpns.

I'd also guess that they aren't that bothered, as long as money comes in from somewhere.

Otherwise they'd surely have implemented some sort of barrier to using them?

Possibly, but maybe individual clubs have a say in how well it's policed. 

19 minutes ago, Alan said:

Ho do I get it on to firestick?  Is there a handy youtube video or step by step anywhere?

In theory - I should be able to watch in the UK if I'm running Turbo VPN?

Are you a UK citizen ?

Then you will need to be running a VeePeeN.

If you have no knowledge of this i suggest having someone pop round to do it for you it's a bit fiddly.

Then install the I follow app to your firestick and now you can watch the live matches providing your connected to an overseas IP.

ONCE you have the low down and a run through of how it works you'll be fine and good to go mate. 

Edited by Owls-Ya-Doin

Just now, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Are you a UK citizen ?

Then you will need to be running a VeePeeN.

If you have no knowledge of this i suggest having someone pop round to do it for you it's a bit fiddly.

And install the I follow app to your firestick and you can watch the live matches providing your connected to an overseas IP.

ONCE you have the low down and a run through of how it works you'll be fine and good to go mate. 

Yeah I'm a UK citizen

Does the afformentioned veepee  tuuurbo do the job?  In which case I just need to find the app.

1 hour ago, Madmax said:

I watched match on it yesterday: No bloody comentary tho & loads of buffering. You coild either watch with no comentary or listen with no picture: Not impressed

I'm working on this, I'll update the forum and send you a PM if I work out a consistent solution:

I've done this in the past where I needed to match a foreign language HD stream with English commentary from another stream, basically you just need a little utility to adjust the delay in the playback of the audio.

My current plan is to try with two browsers and use an extension to delay either the audio or video, else to see if I can get the radio commentary feed and delay that.

I've had pretty good success in the past with mixing and matching.

Edited by Indoor Owl

Its a free Vee Pee N! That I use here in Germany to access the BBC etc... works a test for me.

No reason you couldn't install it on your device to allow I follow to work although this needs testing! 

Get a technological friend or family member round and have a butcher's at installing both apps bud I could try a step by step guide for you but if you aren't technical you'll find it difficult.

2 hours ago, woodys said:

was yours buffering throughout mate? i had issues first half but played all the way through 2nd - was wondering if its same issue timing for everyone or just luck of the draw/your own broadband etc

I watched it on my phone in the middle of rural Cornwall and it worked. I was amazed! Not by the performance though.

4 hours ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

You guys using on android fire tv stick ?

I have it on there seems to work a treat on TV 

You can also have Turbo VPN installed if need be if this method still works for people in the UK 

Looking good for Saturday all being well at least it's better than nothing for overseas owls 

WAWAW ROLL ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!

How did you get it on Firestick?

I'm pretty technically minded and managed to sideload it on the firestick but the GUI resolution was massively out. 

2 hours ago, TheWednesdayFC said:

How did you get it on Firestick?

I'm pretty technically minded and managed to sideload it on the firestick but the GUI resolution was massively out. 

I downloaded the APK file from megaupload installed it from my email it opens as if it's on my phone but once you click fullscreen on a video it's like normal or at least I found it to be that way so seems to be fine for me