OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

8 minutes ago, steelowl said:

some on twitter posted a pic of the leeds match that I copped a right hander from a leeds fan they attempted to take it  they failed 

that man utd match you're talking about was scarey tbh nowhere was safe in or out of ground that day they mustve brought shed loads

it was scary and they did bring loads but we still had a go, the days of when you had scarves tied together, all mine got nicked, i was gutted

44 minutes ago, steelowl said:

people moaning about the weather last night  want to have stood on the Kop pre roof   nowhere colder this side of the Eiger  

trudged to bus home countless times absolutely saturated  that smell of steaming wet parka fur  aaah them were the days 

Sat half way up kop last night and I didn't feel all that cold, hat, scarf and a big thick coat and you're ok now kop is covered.

Having Rotherham Owls bus parked right outside ground helps for going home.

In olden days it was a dash to get one of them number 2 football specials with Darnall on front to Wincobank, if they were full and you had to wait for next service bus, it was usually a long wait. 

Edited by bradowl
46 minutes ago, steelowl said:

people moaning about the weather last night  want to have stood on the Kop pre roof   nowhere colder this side of the Eiger  

trudged to bus home countless times absolutely saturated  that smell of steaming wet parka fur  aaah them were the days 

Memories!

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Ha, wet parka fur....or burning parka hood after your mate drops a *** end into it...fkn Jimmy. UTO.

31 minutes ago, steelowl said:

some on twitter posted a pic of the leeds match that I copped a right hander from a leeds fan they attempted to take it  they failed 

that man utd match you're talking about was scarey tbh nowhere was safe in or out of ground that day they mustve brought shed loads

I was scared, got took to the front and was passed over the wall, was on the pitch for a short while and the excitement took away the fear. Picked up a piece of turf, put it in my pocket. Sadly it never grew into a lawn!

A lot of people probably don't realise that last nights crowd was higher than our average gate for a few seasons in the mid to late 70's. It was easy to get lost at Hillsborough in those days, not in the crowd, but in the wilderness of the Kop!

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

A lot of people probably don't realise that last nights crowd was higher than our average gate for a few seasons in the mid to late 70's. It was easy to get lost at Hillsborough in those days, not in the crowd, but in the wilderness of the Kop!

dark days stood with the 11k leon   least you didnt have to queue long get a hot bovril to warm you up 

22 minutes ago, pride_of_the_road said:

Utd fan saying wigan have won premier league

#pigonomics:tango:

And there you have it about the intelligence of the scrubbers 

I still can't believe Exeter city won fa cup last season 

• Haha 1