OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

My opinion is that when a manager's time is up most people realise it whether they want to take an imaginary high ground is their option 

The longer the boil isn't lanced the more frequent, vociferous and in some cases infantile name calling is heard. It's a shame I'm not comfortable with this 

Do I want him to go ? - yes definitely but 

Will he turn it round ? - IMO No, difficult to even dream that  and tbh injuries are a problem

Do I think he'll get sacked ? - no it'll cause massive upheaval due to the whole team having to go it needs an experienced CEO to do it

will I call him names ? - no 

will i criticise him? - yes

Do I have any idea who next ? - yes Smith  or temp Neil thompson 

58 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

The strongest ive been is to say that i think he's earned this season which i also qualified by adding that i wouldn't have renewed his contract last summer 

I'm confused by this bit Mick,,,,,you say you wouldn't have renewed his contract in the summer but wouldn't sack him now....what's the difference?....he's financially well off and would probably get paid the rest if his contract anyway so why the outrage (that might be a bit strong) at sacking him now but you'd have let him go in the summer?

On Gary Megson, as I've said before on here and maybe even in this thread people remember the way he left and all that came with it and not the 4/5 weeks before. They don't mention the atmosphere round the club/fans before the derby. They don't mention Chesterfield away where by all accounts the mood in the away end was fairly low. They don't remember Exeter away or Stevenage at home where the team looked like they needed a spark. They see Wilder at the lane doing and saying all the right things to keep them happy and because they're had a good few months at this level they think we need that type of manager. The guy who has the club in his heart, who shows 'passion'. Gary Megson would not be the correct appointment for Sheffield Wednesday if they decide to remove Carlos. He did a very good job for this club no denying that but his legacy should be left at that.

7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

On Gary Megson, as I've said before on here and maybe even in this thread people remember the way he left and all that came with it and not the 4/5 weeks before. They don't mention the atmosphere round the club/fans before the derby. They don't mention Chesterfield away where by all accounts the mood in the away end was fairly low. They don't remember Exeter away or Stevenage at home where the team looked like they needed a spark. They see Wilder at the lane doing and saying all the right things to keep them happy and because they're had a good few months at this level they think we need that type of manager. The guy who has the club in his heart, who shows 'passion'. Gary Megson would not be the correct appointment for Sheffield Wednesday if they decide to remove Carlos. He did a very good job for this club no denying that but his legacy should be left at that.

Megson had to suffer the loss of our most influential player at the time in Ben Marshall and instead was given the replacement of Mike Jones. Megson wanted Antonio in at the start of the season along with Marshall plus he quickly identified our weakness in defence in recruiting Jones and Baath. Throw in Semedo and the improvement of Madine and he put a spine into the side. Carvalhal hasnt improved any of our players nor addressed weaknesses to the team.

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Keep going mate, folk can always ring up themselves if they’re not happy with what’s being said, instead of slagging people off on here.

That's the way I see it , I don't agree with him on Carlos but he's not stating it as fact it's just an opinion 

So I'm not really sure why he should have trial by owlstalk

21 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

No it isn't. It's a simple yes/no question that a few weeks back you confidently stated you thought he would. Now after a poor run of games that outcome is looking distinctly out of reach. Certainly with this head coach. So what does that mean? Bang average Championship football at sky high prices for the foreseeable future or do we make a change and instill some fight back into the club? This head coach is taking us nowhere and you know it but cannot bring yourself to admit it. The Carlosholics keep telling us one more week and it will be turned around. No chance of that. Rehab is required.

So what your question wants is to elicit is a simple yes or no answer so you can have a pop at a bloke you never agree with and don't know who you admit has already answered you once

How about me telling you i have no interest in answering any of your questions ever again will that stop you asking a stranger questions ?

20 hours ago, Ian said:

I'm confused by this bit Mick,,,,,you say you wouldn't have renewed his contract in the summer but wouldn't sack him now....what's the difference?....he's financially well off and would probably get paid the rest if his contract anyway so why the outrage (that might be a bit strong) at sacking him now but you'd have let him go in the summer?

Well as i've answered this lots of times already maybe on the same page i don't understand your confusion 

What has money got to do with anything ? That confuses me 

No outrage except against idiots who were probably at the front at Wembley singing Carlos is our King now thinking puerile name calling of a decent man is either clever or funny ............... its neither 

22 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Ill give you my perspective if you want it 

Is the Football we are playing acceptable ?

Obviously not and i feel that should it continue then IMO the poster will get his wish and CC will go 

Where we differ is that i won't be jubilant when a thoroughly decent man, which on the couple of occasions i've interacted with CC i've found him to be, gets the bullet 

Nor will i belittle his and the players achievements of the last 2 seasons to suit an opinion that may be held now when things aren't going so well

Nor will i join in the infantile name calling of CC seemingly at large on this forum 

Although i feel the time is right for Carlos to go and a new direction to be taken i can fully respect this opinion and applaud Mick for keeping his own mind instead of just following everyone else.

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

Incredibly patient

Unbelievably patient - let's be honest

Any other club would have fans protesting weeks ago

Agreed, though i feel a genuine hope that Carlos could succeed and alot of goodwill from 2 very good league positions has gone along way to buying Carlos more time than most managers would have been afforded.

Now however i fear it could start to turn a bit toxic which is a sad way for it to end.

6 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Keep going mate, folk can always ring up themselves if they’re not happy with what’s being said, instead of slagging people off on here.

Exactly, i normally agree with most of what Mick says, though not all, but thats life. I wouldn't however want Mick to stop calling in and i hope he gives Brian the blade a few more lessons before the seasons out.

22 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

So what your question wants is to elicit is a simple yes or no answer so you can have a pop at a bloke you never agree with and don't know who you admit has already answered you once

How about me telling you i have no interest in answering any of your questions ever again will that stop you asking a stranger questions ?

He won't take us up though will he? Even you know that.

By all means treat Carlos with respect - that’s the right thing to do, but sack him ASAP.

Being a nice guy isn’t part of the job description. 

You think say, Alex Ferguson was a nice guy ? Don’t think so.

What we need is a ruthless aggressive winner to take this team and turn them around. He can be the biggest 2hat for me - as long as he is successful.