OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

4 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

'Not joining in' would be one thing. 

You go much further than that- further than any of us in the so called 'Witch hunt'. 

And id love you to prove that 

The strongest ive been is to say that i think he's earned this season which i also qualified by adding that i wouldn't have renewed his contract last summer 

I've said many times that i don't believe a decent man who has delivered our best 2 finishes in a generation does not deserve to be called names if thats defending him please illustrate how

Just now, rickygoo said:

And we aren’t far off that with Carlos regardless of your opinion of him as a bloke surely. This season has been very, very poor indeed. 

and i've said that Football as opposed to CC the man is unacceptable many times 

Many on here can't seperate the 2 things 

plus when i hear him and his coaching called out when Tom Lees for example just leaves his man in the 6 yard box as happened at Ipswich then i'm going to comment because to try imply that such poor play is down to coaching is absurd 

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

What makes you want him to stay Mick after saying he should have gone in the summer. 

Not a personal attack Mick just a genuine question 

Which i've explained 

I think the last 2 seasons earned him this season ............... my base position 

But seeing the bile spewed by some, not all, on here and other places i thought this season any setback would make for a toxic atmosphere which our many setbacks have proved my belief beyond question which is why i wouldn't have renewed not because i thought he wasn't good enough

32 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Ill give you my perspective if you want it 

Is the Football we are playing acceptable ?

Obviously not and i feel that should it continue then IMO the poster will get his wish and CC will go 

Where we differ is that i won't be jubilant when a thoroughly decent man, which on the couple of occasions i've interacted with CC i've found him to be, gets the bullet 

Nor will i belittle his and the players achievements of the last 2 seasons to suit an opinion that may be held now when things aren't going so well

Nor will i join in the infantile name calling of CC seemingly at large on this forum 

I have never met CC, so can't pass comment as to his character, as you can. 

Achievements, yes, for sure, and shouldn't be belittled.

My opinion is that we were fortunate to get our achievement of the semi-final last season, we played poorly so many times and got out of jail. This season the trend continues with no get out of jail card. To compound this CC is losing the fans through sometimes bizarre and defensive/obfuscated media appearances. In fact, I think it's now terminal, the head of steam is established. Unfortunately he chose to take this route, and it will taint his character and achievements. UTO.

So if the football is unacceptable, and so boring to watch, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion it’s time for him to go. Regardless of individual errors watching the style is Groundhog Day. Boring and sterile until it proves pointless and then chuck the kitchen sink at it. 

1 minute ago, MrsHall said:

My opinion is that we were fortunate to get our achievement of the semi-final last season, we played poorly so many times and got out of jail. This season the trend continues with no get out of jail card. To compound this CC is losing the fans through sometimes bizarre and defensive/obfuscated media appearances. In fact, I think it's now terminal, the head of steam is established. Unfortunately he chose to take this route, and it will taint his character and achievements. UTO.

I'd disagree that we were lucky 

The League is the great leveller and you end up where you deserve to be 

We ended up 4th and deservedly so IMO

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

So if the football is unacceptable, and so boring to watch, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion it’s time for him to go. Regardless of individual errors watching the style is Groundhog Day. Boring and sterile until it proves pointless and then chuck the kitchen sink at it. 

Fair enough 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Which i've explained 

I think the last 2 seasons earned him this season ............... my base position 

But seeing the bile spewed by some, not all, on here and other places i thought this season any setback would make for a toxic atmosphere which our many setbacks have proved my belief beyond question which is why i wouldn't have renewed not because i thought he wasn't good enough

The bile is what ends up happening in these situations when fans are disregarded and even blamed as Carlos has done repeatedly.. 

Fans have been remarkably patient with this manager considering. 

There should be much more bile tbh. Might force change. 

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

The bile is what ends up happening in these situations when fans are disregarded and even blamed as Carlos has done repeatedly.. 

Fans have been remarkably patient with this manager considering. 

There should be much more bile tbh. Might force change. 

In your opinion not mine 

2 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Me neither but watching him in interview reminds me of watching Bobcat Goldthwait speaking his garbage out of the Police Academy Films ...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

But sent me to sleep in the process. 

Yes every game 

we didn't take Newcastle apart twice or if we did you didn't see it seeing as you were snoozing at the time 

And no doubt you were napping during the 6 game win streak towards the end which i found quite exciting 

I dont think CC is a bad bloke or even a bad coach. He will probably forget more about coaching and organising a team then I will ever know.

But I know when it is just not working.

Fed up of feeling bored and unexcited on match days.

Well past time to say to him thanks but we want to take the club in a different direction.

5 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Yes every game 

we didn't take Newcastle apart twice or if we did you didn't see it seeing as you were snoozing at the time 

And no doubt you were napping during the 6 game win streak towards the end which i found quite exciting 

The Newcastle games were OK - the first wasn’t exactly Total Football but it was a proper football game. 

I can’t remember much about the 6 game run so I probably was asleep yes. We got away with a lot last year because of a combination of solidity and the odd bit of individual talent but overall it was tedious - culminating in that performance at Huddersfield, a team we’d beaten twice that season, which was a candidate for the most negative performance by a side since the Italians in the build up to the 1974 World Cup. 

I am happy you like that sort of stuff. Your football watching must be happier than mine - although your general demeanour suggests that may be an erroneous conclusion to draw.

lol

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

yet again a pointless question 

No it isn't. It's a simple yes/no question that a few weeks back you confidently stated you thought he would. Now after a poor run of games that outcome is looking distinctly out of reach. Certainly with this head coach. So what does that mean? Bang average Championship football at sky high prices for the foreseeable future or do we make a change and instill some fight back into the club? This head coach is taking us nowhere and you know it but cannot bring yourself to admit it. The Carlosholics keep telling us one more week and it will be turned around. No chance of that. Rehab is required.