OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

5 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

I found Carlos' performance on the show cringeworthy. He's just so boring. 

I'll admit though it's probably because I'm now in the Carlos Out camp. As someone said in here once perceptions change it's difficult to turn it around. 

So taking the time to explain his answers and actually offer some insight is cringeworthy and boring is it?

Much rather have that than the cliché nonsense that most managers spout these days.

My summation of the manger's performances...

Carlos: his usual charismatic ramblings; he wasn't particularly inciteful, but respectful and positive as always. Was a bit worried by his apparent lack of real concern re centre backs.

Heckingbottom: always rated him tbf. He remains my favourite football managing transvestite.

Ferguson: I actually quite like listening to him talk about football, imagine he is good at getting his message across to players.

Warne: has always come across as a very positive chap. Seems far too nice for them toytowners.

Caldwell: has to be the most boring and uninspiring coach going. Would rather listen to our lass talking about her plans for our next "holiday"

Wilder: Is just a full on lobber. He seemed to think he was involved in some sort of third rate TV comedy panel show. Don't understand why he's from Sheffield, a "lifelong" Blade, but sounds like a plumber from Nottinghamshire.

Looking forward to hearing Brian the blade with his predictions for all local teams. 

I'm predicting he'll predict that we will get relegated along with dingles and dem blades will win league by a country mile. 

5 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Who`s fault is it then that we are now going to  play Poodle at CB ?

I can think of 200 reasons why we shouldn't have to --assuming CC wasn't just talking broken English when he said 200 players were looked at .. was there really that many players we have looked at that didn't meet the criteria,  our squad is top heavy 

Especially as Djourou had already played for us earlier...even CC is taking thepiss out of the bedwetters   lol

8 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

Can someone let me know where the Pudil at CB rumour has come from?

I've had an uncomfortable feeling that Carlos might try this but don't know where I've got the idea from. Has Carlos said it direct, is it something he's attempted lots in our pre season games?

Either way I agree it'd be a disaster. 

Hardly a rumour.

Pudil has been playing at CB a fair bit during pre season.

Tell you what though, it makes me wince thinking of Pudil at CB for any amount of time this season.

Just look at the playoff game against Udd's at S6 - a prime example of how Pudil struggles against pace. He got rinsed every time against their RWB; left him for dead.

Bad times if we thinking of playing Pudil at CB.

REALLY bad times.

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

Hardly a rumour.

Pudil has been playing at CB a fair bit during pre season.

Tell you what though, it makes me wince thinking of Pudil at CB for any amount of time this season.

Just look at the playoff game against Udd's at S6 - a prime example of how Pudil struggles against pace. He got rinsed every time against their RWB; left him for dead.

Bad times if we thinking of playing Pudil at CB.

REALLY bad times.

Agreed. IF we're going to play him at CB then we might as well just get rid of Carlos now because it'll only end one way!

8 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

I found Carlos' performance on the show cringeworthy. He's just so boring. 

I'll admit though it's probably because I'm now in the Carlos Out camp. As someone said in here once perceptions change it's difficult to turn it around. 

Not as boring as you.