OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

52 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

Carlos saying we're 'close to the line' as far as FFP's concerned. Trying, but won't necessarily get a CB in, Sam can do a job as can Pudil...

If we're planning on playing Pudil at centre half for any amount of time this season then we can forget about promotion.

Feck me.

Do we EVER learn from our mistakes?

6 hours ago, LoOkOut said:

Pigs have a shock coming to them this season.

Hope so but they will have fight and team spirit, something we are lacking at the moment, our pedigree of players are superior to theirs but we do need to get it together, many a good team have been turned over by less talented teams if they are not up to the fight

39 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

If we're planning on playing Pudil at centre half for any amount of time this season then we can forget about promotion.

Feck me.

Do we EVER learn from our mistakes?

Pudil is never a center back, struggles at full back against a pacey winger, if Hutchinson isn't available to replace Loovens or Lees then I'd rather see Jordan Thorniley given a chance.

1 hour ago, debram said:

even more frightening when CC states that Pudil has done a great job at center back

Carlos was on good form, lively and gave good answers when he was asked a question. When asked about whether we had any money to spend on a transfer fee he basically said he didn't get involved in fees and wasn't sure whether any new signings had to be loans or frees. Most reports suggest we have made bids for the likes of Hanley and Morrison so I wouldn't say his answer suggest we can't spend a fee.

The most worrying aspect was his praise of Pudil at centre-back. It came out of nowhere as well as the question was asked about Hutch playing CB and Carlos replied that this was an option but answered more so in singing the praises of Pudil's recent performances.

I'm hoping this was more of a politically correct kind of answer for the benefit of the player when in reality he knows as we all do that playing Pudil at centre-back would be a nightmare.

2 hours ago, adamnich said:

I came out thinking. How weird are the orientation of the letters in that RUFC logo?

Anyone else seeing that? They don't follow the obvious pattern

Screenshot_20170731-200714.png

I think if you read the letters from left to right starting with the top line then working your way down to the next line from the left again then it does work.

Can someone let me know where the Pudil at CB rumour has come from?

I've had an uncomfortable feeling that Carlos might try this but don't know where I've got the idea from. Has Carlos said it direct, is it something he's attempted lots in our pre season games?

Either way I agree it'd be a disaster. 

26 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

What are you on about you absolute bunch of cretinous fannies?

He's a few days away from having to start Pudil at center half and your crticizing him for praising him

shameful, idiotic, ignorant, agenda-driven fannies

Agree...

Carlos is going to hang a player out to dry days before the season is about to begin....

Carlos conducted himself very well, positively , the players need confindence, and people are wanting our manager to openly criticise Pudil on the radio days before the new season

WAWAW

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

What are you on about you absolute bunch of cretinous fannies?

He's a few days away from having to start Pudil at center half and your crticizing him for praising him

shameful, idiotic, ignorant, agenda-driven fannies

Who`s fault is it then that we are now going to  play Poodle at CB ?

I can think of 200 reasons why we shouldn't have to --assuming CC wasn't just talking broken English when he said 200 players were looked at .. was there really that many players we have looked at that didn't meet the criteria,  our squad is top heavy