OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

1 hour ago, HisNibs said:

That's actually a really good analogy. If you were a postman and spent all shift passing parcels between you and your mates in your own depot yard (half of the pitch) and only posted 4 letters in November (shots on goal) I wonder how long you'd be in a job?

Not long, mate.

57 minutes ago, TheRock said:

I think the vast majority of us don't agree with the name calling. At this stage of the season -- top 6 seems highly unlikely -- we may as well give Carlos the season, and take our time finding the correct manager. 

Give him until the end of the season?

There’s absolutely no way in the world I want Carlos in charge when we play the scrubbers next month. Being humiliated by them once in a season is bad but if Carlos is here when we visit Bramal Lane in January it’ll happen again.

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

There’s absolutely no way in the world I want Carlos in charge when we play the scrubbers next month. Being humiliated by them once in a season is bad but if Carlos is here when we visit Bramal Lane in January it’ll happen again.

correct, and that will be his last day as manager

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I'd prefer a change sooner rather than later, but it has to be right appointment, if we are sailing close to the wind on the financial rules, we really can't be rushing a decision and bringing in someone who is similar/worse, because we'll be stuck with em for 2-3 years.

I don't think Carlos or the players will take the next Derby lightly, and generally speaking Carlos is decent for grinding out draws or 1 goal wins. Last Derby game was a freak result in terms of Carlos' record, and hopefully he'll keep it tight and scrape a goal -- if he is still in charge.

Edited by TheRock

so according to CP george just wants opportunities  or go on loan but we want a fair fee wage wise yet wont pay him the equivalent

utterly convinced that this business will come back and kick us up the arse 

Edited by steelowl

Just now, steelowl said:

so according to CP george just wants opportunities  but we want a fair fee wage wise yet wont pay him the equivalent

utterly convinced that this business will come back and kick us up the arse 

That old chestnut, you have to play them to grow them, but it's going to increase their price and wages too