OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

For England he was spot on Barnes made an International Career out of possibly the best goal i've ever seen anyone in an England shirt score but he was pants for most of his Caps 

Barnes was fantastic for Liverpool.... no England manager could have ignored a player of his ability regardless of previous performances.

I’d just add, everyone talks about the goal against Brazil (which was class btw) but for me his stand out performance was against Argentina in the WCQF, he was brilliant when he came on in that game.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Barnes was fantastic for Liverpool.... no England manager could have ignored a player of his ability regardless of previous performances.

I’d just add, everyone talks about the goal against Brazil (which was class btw) but for me his stand out performance was against Argentina in the WCQF, he was brilliant when he came on in that game.

I agree he was brilliant for Liverpool but rarely ( very rarely ) anything above very average for England 

And Currie was brilliant for them and Leeds but managers managed to ignore him largely 

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

I agree he was brilliant for Liverpool but rarely ( very rarely ) anything above very average for England 

And Currie was brilliant for them and Leeds but managers managed to ignore him largely 

A bit like Matt LeTissier I suppose.

I’d still take Barnes over Currie though.

7 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

For England he was spot on Barnes made an International Career out of possibly the best goal i've ever seen anyone in an England shirt score but he was pants for most of his Caps 

In your humble opinion Mick?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Why has it been a pig love show again 

Other week it was kiss wilders ass

Now Tony curry

Who's on next week the legendary 

Ade akinbiyi

The third time  Keith  (how i scored all them goals in the fourth division) Edwards , Wilder and  now T.C.

Thought Tony Currie (I'll not say TC as everyone on here knows there is only one TC) came across very modest and down to earth.

And so far up his own arse I'm amazed you could hear his voice.WTF:

• Haha 2

On 19/12/2017 at 18:00, Lawrie Madden said:

.............................. and just for the record because it seems to be missed by this i'm defending him nonsense 

I have no problem with CC being replaced i just won't join in with the puerile name calling nor will i participate in calling for him to be replaced because i think he earned this season 

He also earns as much in a season as the average Owl does in 30 years, if the figures mooted on this forum are correct.

In my opinion he no more deserves to stay in post than you or I would were we not doing our jobs properly.

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

He also earns as much in a season as the average Owl does in 30 years, if the figures mooted on this forum are correct.

In my opinion he no more deserves to stay in post than you or I would were we not doing our jobs properly.

That's actually a really good analogy. If you were a postman and spent all shift passing parcels between you and your mates in your own depot yard (half of the pitch) and only posted 4 letters in November (shots on goal) I wonder how long you'd be in a job?

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2017 at 18:00, Lawrie Madden said:

.............................. and just for the record because it seems to be missed by this i'm defending him nonsense 

I have no problem with CC being replaced i just won't join in with the puerile name calling nor will i participate in calling for him to be replaced because i think he earned this season 

I think the vast majority of us don't agree with the name calling. At this stage of the season -- top 6 seems highly unlikely -- we may as well give Carlos the season, and take our time finding the correct manager. 

Mick, what would your opinion be, if Carlos is given another season after this one -- which can't be discounted, as none of us can 'read' what our chairman is thinking -- would you support the decision or want a replacement?