OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

40 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

I’d say the fact we aren’t able to sustain a decent tempo for 90 minutes suggests we aren’t fit enough. 

When people talk about our lack of physicality, although players who can bench 100kg for warm up and do the 100m in sub an hour and half would be nice, it’s their lack of durability that concerns me. 

Anyone who who went to pre-season and didn’t admire the beer gut on Bannan and Hooper to name two is a liar. 

Dave is looking svelte these days as well :duntmatter:

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Says a lot though doesn’t it when you have a former player (and England international) coming out saying the players look unfit.

I’m not saying Palmer is the authority on such matters but considering he played the vast majority of his career in the Premier League where you have to be physically fit, I value his opinion more than I do yours.

Isn't there a reason he needed major heart surgery at 50? Maybe because he over stretched  himself as a player? Maybe not the best person to ask about how fit someone should/shouldn't be.

6 hours ago, handworth52 said:

exactly ive said that not playing competitive games pre season and having this stupid trip to Portugal is no good,we seem to be 3 weeks behind every team when we start the season been same 3 years in a row. 

So what clubs have played competitive games in pre season then?

6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Isn't there a reason he needed major heart surgery at 50? Maybe because he over stretched  himself as a player? Maybe not the best person to ask about how fit someone should/shouldn't be.

Where does it say that his heart surgery was relating to him over stretching as a player or are you just guessing?

12 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

so Reach didn't miss a sitter and Joao didn't head over from 3 yards ...................... ok 

Blimey Mick, you are losing credibility quick.

For a start, Carlos brought in both Reach and Joao at massive fees and salaries so shouldn't be missing sitters.

Secondly, the injury crisis you and he blame has been created by new medical team Carlos imported in the Summer.

And it also is nothing, relatively , compared to Blades for example.

Also, CC has to be judged over 2.5 seasons , not last few games,  and we are now back to same place when Gray was sacked.

But this after £25 million spent on players and highest net expenditure on transfers this season in Championship.

Plus his £20,000 per week. Come on. You're gonna look daft if he's canned or we get into a relegation scrap.

And so will I if he gets us into top 6 -  but I'd really welcome that.

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Where does it say that his heart surgery was relating to him over stretching as a player or are you just guessing?

I'm asking the question that's all. I'm no expert on heart problems but when you look at the amount of players who played in that era that need operations earlier than expected it makes you wonder doesn't it.

Edited by TomtheOwl95

9 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Blimey Mick, you are losing credibility quick. never had any to start with 

For a start, Carlos brought in both Reach and Joao at massive fees and salaries so shouldn't be missing sitters.No they shouldn't which was my point 

Secondly, the injury crisis you and he blame has been created by new medical team Carlos imported in the Summer. No i didn;t 

And it also is nothing, relatively , compared to Blades for example.Yes it is

Also, CC has to be judged over 2.5 seasons , not last few games,  and we are now back to same place when Gray was sacked.yes we are 

But this after £25 million spent on players and highest net expenditure on transfers this season in Championship.don't understand that 

Plus his £20,000 per week. Come on. You're gonna look daft if he's canned or we get into a relegation scrap.no im not 

And so will I if he gets us into top 6 -  but I'd really welcome that. no you wont 

.............................. and just for the record because it seems to be missed by this i'm defending him nonsense 

I have no problem with CC being replaced i just won't join in with the puerile name calling nor will i participate in calling for him to be replaced because i think he earned this season 

Lawrie,

While I disagree on most of your above points, of course name calling's daft.

That said, some of CC's excuses now are a real insult so he's provoking some fans.

I think most of us just want best for our club where main problem is recruitment - which if Carlos has not done, he's signed on with that contract extension.

I also don't like his agents Doyen trying to nick our best youngster for nowt.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Pig fan claiming John Barnes wasn’t fit to lace Tony Curries boots.

Ok then. lol

For England he was spot on Barnes made an International Career out of possibly the best goal i've ever seen anyone in an England shirt score but he was pants for most of his Caps