OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

When it comes to injuries, during the pre-season, we should have known that FF, Hutch and Lee would probably struggle this season/ongoing. Likewise Hooper and Lees both broke down last season and it was likely problems would flare up again. It comes down to recruitment, you should consider how robust a player is, and we seem to have alot of players nearly the 30 age mark that are more like to break down with injuries than players in the 20-27 age range.

mick talking tripe again , Carlos's cheerleader 9 players injured yes there were, but pretty much all of these players are injury prone anyway bar bannan . were all the  9 injured when we played preston away,bolton away,burton away and so on? no they were not  ,nearly all those players played in them games , I think wolves on Friday would have lost to most teams ,they must have played there worst game of season on Friday.

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

mick talking tripe again , Carlos's cheerleader 9 players injured yes there were, but pretty much all of these players are injury prone anyway bar bannan . were all the  9 injured when we played preston away,bolton away,burton away and so on? no they were not  ,nearly all those players played in them games , I think wolves on Friday would have lost to most teams ,they must have played there worst game of season on Friday.

Quote one fact i said that wasn't true .................... not my opinion FACTS 

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

We wouldn't have a fraction of the injuries if the players were fit and had a proper pre season.

exactly ive said that not playing competitive games pre season and having this stupid trip to Portugal is no good,we seem to be 3 weeks behind every team when we start the season been same 3 years in a row. 

13 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

He was clutching at straws just like the manager is. 

Makes the same call again and again

No i wasn't the injuries are just a fact as i said if you listened i said at least twice that the list isn't an excuse i said that having 5 of your best players any team would feel it and we are 

We should have won Friday IMO but we didn't so its not good enough 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Try putting that in English for starters.

I thought you weren't acknowledging my posts :duntmatter:?

Still think we are going up under Carvalhal? :picnic:

Ill do a quid pro quo with you 

I'll answer your question if you tell me how you know for a fact that Wednesday didn't have a proper pre season ?

6 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

so our opinions differ 

Were Wolves unfit because we had chances to beat them 

Cant say for them haven't watched them that often apart from telly.

But from reports and where they are in the league , says to me that they had a stinker on Friday.

We unfortunately play like we did week in week out,

as proof some on here thought we played  at a level which was acceptable.

:rolleyes:

Edited by daleblue

1 minute ago, Watson said:

How does having "a proper pre season" stop you from getting injuries?  Does it stop the opposition from kicking lumps out of you?  

Being fit and having a proper pre season makes you sharper in games. You have to have the ball in dangerous areas to get lumps kicked out of you. Not tippy happy stuff on the edge of your own box.