OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

32 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

So what your question wants is to elicit is a simple yes or no answer so you can have a pop at a bloke you never agree with and don't know who you admit has already answered you once

How about me telling you i have no interest in answering any of your questions ever again will that stop you asking a stranger questions ?

5 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Apparently not 

Just for you Dale 

Mick in my opinion, says as he sees it, sometimes he gives to much credit to the opposition and other times overplays Wednesday's domination of a team.  

On many occasions, I have nodded in agreement with him and looked gobsmacked when he says something I don't agree with.

One of the better callers honest and fair rminded, if you can do better, give it a go.

Edited by Watson

Just now, Watson said:

Mick in my opinion, says as he sees it, sometimes he gives to much credit to the opposition and other times overplays Wednesday's domination of a team.  

On many occasions, I have nodded in agreement with him and looked gobsmacked when he says something I don't agree with.

One of the better callers honest and fai rminded, if you can do better, give it a go.

Thanks for that matey

Surely that's the absolute essence of watching Football

14 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Megson had to suffer the loss of our most influential player at the time in Ben Marshall and instead was given the replacement of Mike Jones. Megson wanted Antonio in at the start of the season along with Marshall plus he quickly identified our weakness in defence in recruiting Jones and Baath. Throw in Semedo and the improvement of Madine and he put a spine into the side. Carvalhal hasnt improved any of our players nor addressed weaknesses to the team.

Like I've said he did a very good job and all the points you make about his time here are correct but let's not pretend people weren't calling for him to go before the derby. Let's not pretend he wasn't losing some of the players. As harsh as the decision looked to replace him at the time it was the correct decision and he wouldn't be the correct appointment for us if we sacked Carlos.

7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Like I've said he did a very good job and all the points you make about his time here are correct but let's not pretend people weren't calling for him to go before the derby. Let's not pretend he wasn't losing some of the players. As harsh as the decision looked to replace him at the time it was the correct decision and he wouldn't be the correct appointment for us if we sacked Carlos.

There may have been a few calling for Megson to go but it was nothing like those currently wanting Carvalhal gone. As for those players he had lost who were they? Because I know for a fact that many around the team and staff at Middlewood Road were gutted when he was sacked.

16 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

There may have been a few calling for Megson to go but it was nothing like those currently wanting Carvalhal gone. As for those players he had lost who were they? Because I know for a fact that many around the team and staff at Middlewood Road were gutted when he was sacked.

Mostly the younger ones, the ones who picked up after he'd left. I'm not saying he was hated or wasn't respected, far from it.

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

too right mate, you don't have to meet people to make up your mind about them

thing is for all is sycophantic cr*p at the moment

i remember him with the accusations over Hillsborough and then MM 

RS still take his calls says a lot shouldve been banned 

On 12/12/2017 at 08:56, Ronnie Starling said:

Megson had to suffer the loss of our most influential player at the time in Ben Marshall and instead was given the replacement of Mike Jones. Megson wanted Antonio in at the start of the season along with Marshall plus he quickly identified our weakness in defence in recruiting Jones and Baath. Throw in Semedo and the improvement of Madine and he put a spine into the side. Carvalhal hasnt improved any of our players nor addressed weaknesses to the team.

Oh dear look what you've done.

I had completely forgotten about Mike Jones.

Possibly the most out of his depth player we've had in years, and that's saying summat.

11 minutes ago, steelowl said:

thing is for all is sycophantic cr*p at the moment

i remember him with the accusations over Hillsborough and then MM 

RS still take his calls says a lot shouldve been banned 

I remember that and he couldn't back it up either. I'm a very good judge of character and he strikes me as being a nasty piece of work