Hirst v Rangers

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Would love to see the lad start the game... Surely with his scoring boots on at his current level hes due a chance?

I really don't see why he wouldn't at least be on the bench for this. Big crowd, sort of, and home fans who won't be on his back should he fail to score. We know what our current 1st team strikers can do, surely 45 minutes for Hirst wouldn't be detrimental to anyone. 

Only other issue I can think of is if Carlos knows he has no future with us. If he doesn't start I'm going to jump to this conclusion. 

Keep seeing calls for this.

My issues are 

1) Right now Is he better then Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, Forestieri (if he plays up top)? I'd have to say no. So surely we are better getting minutes for the players who will play in the first team?

2) Not denying he's done great at under 18/23 level. I've seen him twice last season (Cambridge & Reading away) personally don't think he's looked ready. What has changed in that respect?

Id love for him to do well for us, but would we have the constant clamour for him to play if his surname was anything apart from Hirst?

Personally I'd like to see him out on loan playing some proper football first. 

I'll probably get negged to death for this, but just my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Am I right in thinking he has not been in a single squad for a pre season game so far.

Tells me we plan to loan him out as he definitely ain't in Carlos's plans for this season.

But he's been playing long after the regular season ended.

Give him 15 or 20 minutes at the end if he's on the bench.

Can't chuck him in when this is the last game before season. League cup would be a good starting point.

Hirst will play for U-23's.

Say whatever you want, but in my opinion it is job of club's manager to bring youth through and develop them.

There is absolutly no way that only objective put in front of Carlos should be to get us promoted.

Not to be missunderstood, result is by far most important, but it is not the only target that should be put infront of manager. Any manager.

There's no rush, if we were struggling up front then maybe but there's 4 or 5 players in front of him at the minute.

IMO a loan out till January in league 1/2 will do him the world of good.

Edited by paddyowl

31 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

But he's been playing long after the regular season ended.

Give him 15 or 20 minutes at the end if he's on the bench.

Can't chuck him in when this is the last game before season. League cup would be a good starting point.

Maybe that's what they will do. then before the window closes I am expecting him to be sent on loan. What does he gain scoring 40 goals at youth level again. Need to prove he can do it at a better level. 

5 hours ago, malek said:

Hirst will play for U-23's.

Say whatever you want, but in my opinion it is job of club's manager to bring youth through and develop them.

There is absolutly no way that only objective put in front of Carlos should be to get us promoted.

Not to be missunderstood, result is by far most important, but it is not the only target that should be put infront of manager. Any manager.

I disagree.  Carlos ONLY objective is to get promotion. If he fails in this he will be sacked. It is the coaching and youth staff who are responsible for the youth and when they think any player is ready they will tell Carlos.   Every minute of every game is important and we need our best players on the pitch all the time.  I would say this is true for Cup matches too, we have a big squad and should be challenging in the cups aswell as the league.