Rhodes pessimists in minority

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don't forget we've heard all this before back in January Rhodes will tear the division a new one,  he'll score for fun in this division, and his goals will take us to the Premier League That was the majority view then as well

A few of us realists said he wouldn't back then, and of course were proven right

...and you are happy that was the case!

36 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

Pessimists in general are in the minority.

I am pleased to say !!!!!!!

lol

I like being different!

Anyway, I predict Rhodes to get 14 goals. I really like him but doubt we will play him enough, and to his strengths, to hit 20.

Other strikers:

Hooper: 5

Fletcher: 6

Forestieri: 9

Winnall: 4

Joao: 2

Nuhiu: 0

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

I like being different!

Anyway, I predict Rhodes to get 14 goals. I really like him but doubt we will play him enough, and to his strengths, to hit 20.

Other strikers:

Hooper: 5

Fletcher: 6

Forestieri: 9

Winnall: 4

Joao: 2

Nuhiu: 0

So you think our strikers will score a total of 40 goals between them.

Either you think our midfielders and defenders will get 20 goals between them, or you think we'll score significantly fewer than our 60 goals last season? 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

So you think our strikers will score a total of 40 goals between them.

Either you think our midfielders and defenders will get 20 goals between them, or you think we'll score significantly fewer than our 60 goals last season? 

Lee, Bannan, Reach, Wallace, Boyd to get 15 between them. 

Ending up similar amount of goals scored to last season.

Rhodes is a brilliant striker at this level.

We won't get a better player than him whilst in this league, if he can't score 20 this season then we have issues.

As long as he plays most of the games of course.

Hooper if he can stay fit will also bag 15 easy. Same for Forestieri. 

If these players play 75% of the games and don't get these sort of totals then they are being mismanaged. Our tactics need to be attack minded this season.

Outscore The opposites...dont try to scrape 1-0 wins.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If it shuts people up warbling crap about how many goals Jordan Rhodes is gonna score, yeah sure I'm happy about it

I am taking that as; you are happy that he was unsuccessful and that we didn't go up, as long as you can say that you were proven right (so far)

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Don't forget we've heard all this before back in January Rhodes will tear the division a new one,  he'll score for fun in this division, and his goals will take us to the Premier League That was the majority view then as well

A few of us realists said he wouldn't back then, and of course were proven right

Delighted when our players fail so you can be right

Typical of you

He is an excellent player...proven at this level, good team worker and great attitude. Came into a negatively set up side lat year, devoid of creativity or flair. 

I am very confident he will score 20+ this season given service, set up as we did last year and he may get 10-15?

3 minutes ago, siggi jonsson said:

Doubt he will score many we still ant got anyonme who can cross a ball 

Reach, Hunt, Pudil, Fox, Boyd, Wallace and Forestieri can all cross a ball.

Bannan puts in superb curling balls across the six yard box.

If CC sets us up with 20% more positivity and two wingers watch our forwards go.

If Hooper stays fit for the season, he will be the top goalscorer.  Hooper is pivotal to how we play and I think he will play more games than any of our other strike options. Don't see Rhodes getting a load of goals. Don't see him playing a run of games and I also don't think we play to his strengths.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Reach, Hunt, Pudil, Fox, Boyd, Wallace and Forestieri can all cross a ball.

Bannan puts in superb curling balls across the six yard box.

If CC sets us up with 20% more positivity and two wingers watch our forwards go.

lol

How do you set up 20% more positive?

The system won't change pal. It's down to the players to deliver.

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

lol

How do you set up 20% more positive?

The system won't change pal. It's down to the players to deliver.

Easy. You tell your players to have more positive intent. You ask them to look for forward passes rather than keep possession. You mix long throws with short backwards throws. You mix up your 50 yards free-kicks with crosses into the area rather than just short taps back to the nearest player. You play two wide men rather than one, so the defenders have more options to move the ball forward. 

Personel matters too. You put Reach or Bannan or Abdi wide and the ball will be received and passed back to the LB. You put FF left and on receipt he will invariably attack.

The 20% increase of positive intent is easy. It's not swapping from Karanka to Keegan. It's only a subtle change we need.