Is anyone being put OFF football..

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Massively disillusioned.

If I couldn't afford a season ticket I wouldn't do anywhere near as much at Hillsborough. I prefer away games now - enjoy the trips, the atmoosphere much better. I take no interest in what other clubs are doing, who their players are. I never watch Premier League games.  I enjoy competing at the right end of the Championship - I'd love us to be promoted - but not if it meant pricing out even more fans.

Football has always been about the fans for me. Its being part of that heaving mass of people urging Wednesday on that makes football what it is and so addictive. Ive been so proud over the years of the sheer numbers who travel to watch us, and the vocal support we give.

I genuinely enjoy watching my lads team (he manages a Sunday league side of adults who are actually really good) far more than I enjoy my Saturdays (or whatever bloody time/day we've been told we have to play on)... They won a cup at the New York stadium in May - on the same day of our away play off semi at Huddersfield - and theres no way whatsoever I'd have missed that game to go to Huddersfield

Yes, that's another thing that p*sses me off  - how can you plan routines when they feck about with fixtures so much?

football should be Saturday 3pm wherever possible 

1 hour ago, abdiwonderland said:

Because of the ridiculous money involved?

Part of me wants us to stay in the Championship because when full backs cost £50m, we would never be able to compete! 

Its becoming sickeningly vile. 

They'll be Championship prices soon enough. We aren't even safe from that staying here!

With age, I've found neutral games very boring.  Unless it's a thriller. 

I've found the attitudes of fans and player culture annoying more than the money, etc. maybe these go hand in hand though. 

Players like Sterling annoy me the most

I'm grumpy 

I keep hearing people say the money is unsustainable and it will go 'pop' one day ....when ?, the only thing that is happening is a ridiculous amount 5 years ago that was 18million has now turned into 33million so it just keeps going higher and higher and clubs spend more and more .

FFP is a joke of a rule that can be got around .

Parachute payments are a joke that is grossly unfair however if your a Huddersfield fan that opinion has changed I'm.sure .

Allowing big clubs to have 100 players is wrong and then letting them loan out 40,50 or 60 of them is just rubbish. The only reason these clubs have them is to stop other clubs having them.  Should be allowed certain number in the club and only allowed to loan a set number out. Say 10 for example. Players woukd have to seek moves then if they wanted to play football. Still far too much power at the top. Go back to 3 subs in all games as well. 

I'm going to play amateur Professor of Economics here; The definition of an Asset Bubble - When the prices of securities or other assets (in other words players) rise so sharply and at such a sustained rate that they exceed valuations justified by fundamentals, making a sudden collapse likely - at which point the bubble "bursts".

I think this is likely to happen, don't know when, but when it does it will make the Rangers situation seem like a distant rumble of Thunder compared to the sh** storm that will happen to our game. I can genuinely see some very big clubs going pear-shaped and not just UK based clubs.

1 hour ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Don't even watch Football anymore unless Wednesday are involved.

100% agree.

Used to love watching games on TV as a kid in the 70's and 80's but we are saturated with it.

I will never buy any satellite package. Like turkey's voting for xmas - we are the mugs funding the booming prices and crazy wages. 

Not put off per se, but my interest in football is a lot less that it once was.

Other than watching the Wednesday away games on Sky that i didn't go to, I must have only watched another 5 or 6 games on top of that last season, most of which were Spanish games. Quite happy just watching MOTD that FL show highlights (only when we have won). 

2 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

Part of me wants us to stay in the Championship because when full backs cost £50m, we would never be able to compete! 

Absolutley - if we were to go up for a season would be decent craic but other than that not really bothered.

zero chance of competing for anything meaningful.

I think my love for professional football has been soured by the cost of tickets and the amount of money you hear even very average players get these days.

Feel very little link these days to the players and I include Wednesday players in that.

Will always consider myself a Wednesdayite but not prepared to go that extra 10% to watch games anymore like take an afternoon off work or pay £35+ for an away game.

2 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

sometimes I feel same, when very average players are getting 100-200k a week and 50 million transfer fees it makes me sick, id sooner some of that money is spent on making it cheaper for supporters and spending it on facilities and ground. id sooner we bring young lads through any day rather than pay those fees and pay journey men on there last pay day 100k a wk plus.