Evening ladies and gents. Hope you are all enjoying the off season. :stuwinky:

Been away myself and off again soon, so playing a bit of catch up. Apologies if this has already been asked, but I can't seem to see anything on Lee. Did he travel to Portugal? Anyone any update on his return to fitness and or a recurrence of his hip problem ?

Many thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Cheers marcx for the info and prompt reply. 

No worries mate, Hutch had a hernia op after the play off semi, docs said it would be two months before he would be back but being Hutch was back training in a month, but they have been taking it slowly, hence only 20 mins, half hour here and there in portugal. No point rushing it

3 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

Why are our best players always injured?

Really not ideal. 

Wel struck lucky the season before last, we barely had any injuries all season, then of course, last year bit us in the arse, with lees, lee, hooper, hutch, westwood, buckley all spending a fair amount of time out. swings and roundabouts, it's not like we are arsenal who every season for 15 years have half their team out injured for long periods of the season. Clearly Carlos wasn't happy hence the changes in the medical department though

lee has been troubled by his hip for over a year had to have op as he couldn't stand pain any longer ,he was given an injection to ease swelling and pain in march to get him training again and back into side ,looks like the gamble hasn't paid off as he is still struggling with hip .I would be surprised by mid sept that we have at least 6-7 players injured or really struggling with niggles due to on going troubles with old injures . I reckon loovens,lee,wallace,westwood,hooper,fessi,matias,fletcher ,Hutchinson and abdi will all either be out injured or not training fully due to injury or niggles it always seems to be same players.

5 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Wel struck lucky the season before last, we barely had any injuries all season, then of course, last year bit us in the arse, with lees, lee, hooper, hutch, westwood, buckley all spending a fair amount of time out. swings and roundabouts, it's not like we are arsenal who every season for 15 years have half their team out injured for long periods of the season. Clearly Carlos wasn't happy hence the changes in the medical department though

Looks like Lee and Hutch are struggling already, so they will miss preseason and we know that they are injury prone so could easily be out for half a season a few games in. 

I know what you're saying but it's a shame we can't rely on our best players to be fit week in and week out all season long.

3 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

Looks like Lee and Hutch are struggling already, so they will miss preseason and we know that they are injury prone so could easily be out for half a season a few games in. 

I know what you're saying but it's a shame we can't rely on our best players to be fit week in and week out all season long.

Well maybe Lee came back too early last year after his op, and thats one of the things that prompted the change of medical department. Hutch, well a hernia is a hernia, can't really predict it or prevent it, and by the sounds of it Hutch isnt being rushed so we seem to be doing it right. Time will tell though

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

He did travel to Portugal along with Loovrens, according to Carlos Lee is starting training this week and and according to the star it was hip but they didn't go into details.

The Star dont do details, they are the leaders in lazy journalism 

Guest We Shall Overcome
6 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Sack the physio......oh hang on we tried that

Well he won't be able to use that excuse to Chansiri again.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

lee has been troubled by his hip for over a year had to have op as he couldn't stand pain any longer ,he was given an injection to ease swelling and pain in march to get him training again and back into side ,looks like the gamble hasn't paid off as he is still struggling with hip .I would be surprised by mid sept that we have at least 6-7 players injured or really struggling with niggles due to on going troubles with old injures . I reckon loovens,lee,wallace,westwood,hooper,fessi,matias,fletcher ,Hutchinson and abdi will all either be out injured or not training fully due to injury or niggles it always seems to be same players.

I'm not being funny mate but that is a right load of poo ! Every player has injuries at some point but your statement is total pisch!