Your 2 Strikers

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Considering how we play.....compact, disciplined, happy to drop deep and concede territory and possession, it's essential to have attackers who can sort of do it on their own. Players who can produce something out of nothing.

FF and Joao are the only 2 who can give us that and combine pace, movement and unpredictability. 

Yes that's how I see it

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Considering how we play.....compact, disciplined, happy to drop deep and concede territory and possession, it's essential to have attackers who can sort of do it on their own. Players who can produce something out of nothing.

FF and Joao are the only 2 who can give us that and combine pace, movement and unpredictability. 

I think the Lee goal at Wolves showed what these two can do.

It is a goal I like seeing because it shows the strengths of each player.

First FF puts the defender under pressure and robs him and has the pace to get away. He is our best striker at doing this

Then Joao has the pace to go with him and accept the pass

Finally Lee arrived, having run 60 yes while others on both sides stood and watched, to tap in the pull back

A goal out of nothing made by the mobility of the players 

Rhodes and Hooper for me. 

Its a tough one as we have so many options and combinations we could use, I suppose it depends on who and where we're playing, but for the majority of game's I'd go with Hooper and Rhodes. I'd like to see a strike partnership have time to settle, starting together on a regular basis is key. 

It's fletcher and hooper for me, fletcher had such a good end of the season that dunno how we could drop him for Rhodes but I'd also like to see winnall played a lot more to see what he can do with a run of games because cc dropped him everytime he scored for us last season 

5 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Hooper/Rhodes the potential of that pairing is frightening, and then the other options...... WOW!  We should really fear nobody next season.

We have nobody to fear but negative team selections like in the Huddersfield game. On Owlstalk when I saw that line-up I said Carlos WTF are you playing for a draw?

For me it has to be Fletcher and Hooper based on the small amount of football I've watched since the mid 60's.  

Edited by The Dukeries Owl

2 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

We have nobody to fear but negative team selections like in the Huddersfield game. On Owlstalk when I saw that line-up i said Carlos WTF are you playing for a draw?

For me it has to be Fletcher and Hooper based on the small amount of football I've watched since the mid 60's.  

Agreed, with the strength we have going forward we should throw caution to the wind, but like you say, Carlos over thought things too much last season, which resulted in cagey negative football. It's got to be horses for courses this year imo.

Need 2 strikers paired together who offer something completely different. 

Winnall, Hooper and Rhodes are all quite similar, all wanting to be the fox in the box type. 

Fletcher is more a handful in the air and is better than Nuhiu so for me gets the nod on default. 

So for me its Fletcher and Rhodes.

Hooper and Rhodes. Rhodes is good in the air as good as Fletcher anyway, Hooper is the best we have at dropping short, hold and lay off.  I was impressed with Winnall in preseason so far. Seems to have picked up the role of dropping into the hole.  So as long as it is a pairing of one off the shoulder and one linking the play we'd be maintaining the same system of play, but Rhodes and Hooper would be my first choice.