Your 2 Strikers

The "Your 2 CMs" thread seems to be provoking a really interesting discussion and a huge variety of choice and reasons.

Lets have a go at the strike partnership. Who do you want to see as the main duo in tandem in August?

Same rules...

• 442 only (cos that's "real-life as my kids say)
  • Everyone fit 5th August
  • No new signings
  • You are Manager...pick 2 starters, no fence-sitting

I'll start.

For me it has to be two from Hooper, Rhodes and Fletcher. I want to see a positive Sheffield Wednesday this season. 

I am completely torn between Rhodes-Hooper, Rhodes-Fletcher, and Hooper-Fletcher. However, not exactly a terrible dilemma is it?

If I am signing the Preston team-sheet its Rhodes-Hooper, but with a heavy heart to leave the magnificent Fletch benched. He was a colossus in April and May, scoring 5 in 7.

But I think our best chance of a great season is if Rhodes hits his straps from the very first game. I could see his confidence and ability taking him and us on an amazing journey. I think his best partner is dead-eye Hooper. What a handful for defenders. Some combo of FF, Reach, Boyd and Wallace feeding from wide, and I think Rhodes-Hooper is lethal.

Fletch could come on for either player after 60/75, and what a replacement. 

So there it is. 

One vote Rhodes-Hooper so far. Over to you.

Hooper and Rhodes needs to be the first choice pairing - they are our two most prolific strikers.

Fletcher and Winnall as options on the bench. 

FF either on the left, or if we are going to go for it at home could easily have a free role between midfield and strikers.

Hooper Rhodes for me. 

If they both hit form early on, we're laughing. Fletcher is the better target man though, and probably the toughest of the bunch.

Really, I'm going to be happy with any two of Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher or Winnal starting, and any of the above plus Joao on the bench. As much as I like Nuhiu, I really hope he's included in the match day squad a lot less this coming season.

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The "Your 2 CMs" thread seems to be provoking a really interesting discussion and a huge variety of choice and reasons.

Lets have a go at the strike partnership. Who do you want to see as the main duo in tandem in August?

Same rules...

• 442 only (cos that's "real-life as my kids say)
  • Everyone fit 5th August
  • No new signings
  • You are Manager...pick 2 starters, no fence-sitting

I'll start.

For me it has to be two from Hooper, Rhodes and Fletcher. I want to see a positive Sheffield Wednesday this season. 

I am completely torn between Rhodes-Hooper, Rhodes-Fletcher, and Hooper-Fletcher. However, not exactly a terrible dilemma is it?

If I am signing the Preston team-sheet its Rhodes-Hooper, but with a heavy heart to leave the magnificent Fletch benched. He was a colossus in April and May, scoring 5 in 7.

But I think our best chance of a great season is if Rhodes hits his straps from the very first game. I could see his confidence and ability taking him and us on an amazing journey. I think his best partner is dead-eye Hooper. What a handful for defenders. Some combo of FF, Reach, Boyd and Wallace feeding from wide, and I think Rhodes-Hooper is lethal.

Fletch could come on for either player after 60/75, and what a replacement. 

So there it is. 

One vote Rhodes-Hooper so far. Over to you.

Actually, as with our midfield, poor recruitment has left us with a mismatched group of strikers Good individuals, but no real obvious pairings Against poorer sides, Winnall and Rhodes could be effective However, we know Carlos likes to play with a player linking the attack and the midfield Both Hooper and Forestieri are the candidates for this role. So basically, what we are discussing is, which of the strikers is best at leading the line. That's a tough one We know that Fletcher can do it, and Joao did it in Portugal Can Rhodes, Winnall or Nuhiu do it? Time will tell I suppose, but ideally we'd be looking to bring someone in