Top Scorer Odds

On 7/16/2017 at 22:54, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Seriously, there's no chance one of our players will finish top scorer. Too many forwards. If anyone's expecting a settled front 2, they're in for a shock. 

This. Also, if we play the same style of football as last season then we'll be happy to see a striker get 15 goals!

6 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

Has Joan really only scored 1 goal in 50 appearances?

Sorry it was one goal in his last 37 for us.

Though tbf several of those he only played a few minutes.

On 7/17/2017 at 17:18, offalyowl said:

Why should Rhodes start over everyone else, he done nothing last season but score 3 goals, hooper and fletcher got us to the playoffs so y should Rhodes start ahead of them, he has to earn his place just like every other player on the team 

he does, but if we keep geeting to the byline and cutting it back for him, like we did at Alfreton and mansfield, he's a snip at 14/1

On 16/07/2017 at 22:35, Holmowl said:

Wood Kodja 9/1

Assombalonga 10

Rhodes 14

Hogan 16 (great odds if stays fit)

Nando 28

Winnall 33 (needs to cement a place early to have any hope)

Hooper 66

Fletch 80

I think our forwards stand little chance. I think Carlos will rotate them more than any other Championship manager will. Maybe, if Rhodes gets off to a flier, he can become undroppable.

I think we suffered last year by not finding a settled pairing at any stage of the season. Hope this year two gel early and Carlos sticks largely to them.

Assombalonga if he stays fit will top it,with a side pushing for the top 2

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Kodija is injured. 

Best value is Hooper e/w. 

Will Carlos pick any of our strikers often enough? Will he play Hooper with a proper partner, which is the only way he is prolific? Even then, will Carlos pull Hooper deep?

I think only Rhodes has a real chance for us. He will only ever play right up top and he has a fantastic injury record. If Carlos plays two wingers, as seems highly probable from adding Boyd and stating FF will be wide, it is the perfect system for Rhodes to profit.

And I think Rhodes is the one player that Carlos may ink into the side if he starts well.

On 16/07/2017 at 22:35, Holmowl said:

Wood Kodja 9/1

Assombalonga 10

Rhodes 14

Hogan 16 (great odds if stays fit)

Nando 28

Winnall 33 (needs to cement a place early to have any hope)

Hooper 66

Fletch 80

I think our forwards stand little chance. I think Carlos will rotate them more than any other Championship manager will. Maybe, if Rhodes gets off to a flier, he can become undroppable.

I think we suffered last year by not finding a settled pairing at any stage of the season. Hope this year two gel early and Carlos sticks largely to them.

I reckon Fletcher's odds will have dropped considerably by the end of September.

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Will Carlos pick any of our strikers often enough? Will he play Hooper with a proper partner, which is the only way he is prolific? Even then, will Carlos pull Hooper deep?

I think only Rhodes has a real chance for us. He will only ever play right up top and he has a fantastic injury record. If Carlos plays two wingers, as seems highly probable from adding Boyd and stating FF will be wide, it is the perfect system for Rhodes to profit.

And I think Rhodes is the one player that Carlos may ink into the side if he starts well.

E/W would be top 4, so in reality he would probably need 20. 1/4 odds makes that a £330 return for £20 ew. Long shot, and depends on injuries. Be interesting who takes pens next year as well. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

E/W would be top 4, so in reality he would probably need 20. 1/4 odds makes that a £330 return for £20 ew. Long shot, and depends on injuries. Be interesting who takes pens next year as well. 

Yep pens could add 5 easily to a total.

Fletch and Hooper didn't miss last year, but I would guess that Rhodes will be our taker.