Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 7/16/2017 at 22:54, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Seriously, there's no chance one of our players will finish top scorer. Too many forwards. If anyone's expecting a settled front 2, they're in for a shock. 

 

This. Also, if we play the same style of football as last season then we'll be happy to see a striker get 15 goals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't do 20 goal a season strikers at this level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

Has Joan really only scored 1 goal in 50 appearances?

 

Sorry it was one goal in his last 37 for us.

 

Though tbf several of those he only played a few minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

 

Sorry it was one goal in his last 37 for us.

 

Though tbf several of those he only played a few minutes.

 

Several? Most were 2nd half/late sub appearances.

 

Hooper's only scored in 9 his last 40, and he's played far more minutes. Currently an injury prone, 29 year old, 1 in 4 striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hills have published.

 

Kodja 7/1

Assombalonga 8/1

Jordan 9/1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooper has a great chance of finishing top scorer if he stays fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 17:18, offalyowl said:

Why should Rhodes start over everyone else, he done nothing last season but score 3 goals, hooper and fletcher got us to the playoffs so y should Rhodes start ahead of them, he has to earn his place just like every other player on the team 

he does, but if we keep geeting to the byline and cutting it back for him, like we did at Alfreton and mansfield, he's a snip at 14/1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you are backing top scorer you want a player who will be the main striker

our goals will be shared around with Rhodes top scorer

I would steer clear of backing our players

also if we don't change our approach we wont be scoring loads

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2017 at 22:35, Holmowl said:

Wood Kodja 9/1

Assombalonga 10

Rhodes 14

Hogan 16 (great odds if stays fit)

 

Nando 28

Winnall 33 (needs to cement a place early to have any hope)

Hooper 66

Fletch 80

 

I think our forwards stand little chance. I think Carlos will rotate them more than any other Championship manager will. Maybe, if Rhodes gets off to a flier, he can become undroppable.

 

I think we suffered last year by not finding a settled pairing at any stage of the season. Hope this year two gel early and Carlos sticks largely to them.

 

 

Assombalonga if he stays fit will top it,with a side pushing for the top 2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodija is injured. 

 

Best value is Hooper e/w. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vulva said:

Kodija is injured. 

 

Best value is Hooper e/w. 

 

Will Carlos pick any of our strikers often enough? Will he play Hooper with a proper partner, which is the only way he is prolific? Even then, will Carlos pull Hooper deep?

 

I think only Rhodes has a real chance for us. He will only ever play right up top and he has a fantastic injury record. If Carlos plays two wingers, as seems highly probable from adding Boyd and stating FF will be wide, it is the perfect system for Rhodes to profit.

 

And I think Rhodes is the one player that Carlos may ink into the side if he starts well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2017 at 22:35, Holmowl said:

Wood Kodja 9/1

Assombalonga 10

Rhodes 14

Hogan 16 (great odds if stays fit)

 

Nando 28

Winnall 33 (needs to cement a place early to have any hope)

Hooper 66

Fletch 80

 

I think our forwards stand little chance. I think Carlos will rotate them more than any other Championship manager will. Maybe, if Rhodes gets off to a flier, he can become undroppable.

 

I think we suffered last year by not finding a settled pairing at any stage of the season. Hope this year two gel early and Carlos sticks largely to them.

 

 

 

I reckon Fletcher's odds will have dropped considerably by the end of September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

Will Carlos pick any of our strikers often enough? Will he play Hooper with a proper partner, which is the only way he is prolific? Even then, will Carlos pull Hooper deep?

 

I think only Rhodes has a real chance for us. He will only ever play right up top and he has a fantastic injury record. If Carlos plays two wingers, as seems highly probable from adding Boyd and stating FF will be wide, it is the perfect system for Rhodes to profit.

 

And I think Rhodes is the one player that Carlos may ink into the side if he starts well.

E/W would be top 4, so in reality he would probably need 20. 1/4 odds makes that a £330 return for £20 ew. Long shot, and depends on injuries. Be interesting who takes pens next year as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vulva said:

E/W would be top 4, so in reality he would probably need 20. 1/4 odds makes that a £330 return for £20 ew. Long shot, and depends on injuries. Be interesting who takes pens next year as well. 

 

Yep pens could add 5 easily to a total.

 

Fletch and Hooper didn't miss last year, but I would guess that Rhodes will be our taker.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't see the god himself billy sharp on there :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Animal said:

Don't see the god himself billy sharp on there :ph34r:

 

Look again.

 

He's just above below Hunt.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...