Top Scorer Odds

15 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Forestieri at 28 is value. If he finds form will get more than 20 

Not sure he would to be honest. He's never scored 20 in a season before and I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to up his tally by that much. I think the talents there he just doesn't produce his best often enough.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Correct. Realistically Hooper is likely to play nowhere near enough thru the season to be up with the top scorers

Correct, although he did have quite a fair few league appearances, last season (16/17).

Was it 6 goals in 25 appearances? Therefore 0.24 goals per appearance..

Even he played a near full season (say 40 games). With that ratio, he'd be nowhere near the top scorers (he'd come in at 10 goals for the season).

Hence his 60-1 odds are a result of his likely appearances and woeful return in 16/17.

5 hours ago, zzmdu said:

I think the bookies have got it  right.

:A reasonable chance for Rhodes topping the charts

:A small chance for Fernando & Winnall

:No realistic chance for Hooper & Fletcher

I hope FF starts out on the left, with Rhodes and Winnall upfront, (Fletcher & Hooper) ready on the bench.

Whoever starts with Rhodes, I hope the partnership is given at least a 5 game run.

You hope Winnall starts ahead of Hooper? 

Did the change from Winnall to Hooper and the improvement it brought in the last 6 games of the season totally pass you by? 

1 hour ago, poite said:

When was the last time a Wednesday player won top scorer?

Jimmy Trotter with 37.

Hirst might have finished second in 90-91 with 31 I think though.

Edited by Indoor Owl

7 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Jimmy Trotter with 37.

Hirst might have finished second in 90-91 with 31 I think though.

Beg pardon, it's actually Derek Dooley in 50-51.

46 goals.

Unable to edit the original post.

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

You hope Winnall starts ahead of Hooper? 

Did the change from Winnall to Hooper and the improvement it brought in the last 6 games of the season totally pass you by? 

Did the fact that Hooper scored 6 championship goals in 23 appearances pass you by? Most of which were in our worst part of the season.

12 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Did the fact that Hooper scored 6 championship goals in 23 appearances pass you by? Most of which were in our worst part of the season.

Yet Hooper, who was unfit for most of the season, still had a better goals per minute ratio for SWFC than Winnall did? 

17 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Wood Kodja 9/1

Assombalonga 10

Rhodes 14

Hogan 16 (great odds if stays fit)

Nando 28

Winnall 33 (needs to cement a place early to have any hope)

Hooper 66

Fletch 80

I think our forwards stand little chance. I think Carlos will rotate them more than any other Championship manager will. Maybe, if Rhodes gets off to a flier, he can become undroppable.

I think we suffered last year by not finding a settled pairing at any stage of the season. Hope this year two gel early and Carlos sticks largely to them.

What about Dave ? 

7 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Yet Hooper, who was unfit for most of the season, still had a better goals per minute ratio for SWFC than Winnall did? 

Not another one. 

Winnal scored 14 in 36

Hooper 6 in 23

That's part of the reason, the objective bookies, have Winnals odds much shorter. I'd rather trust the bookies than the Hooper loonies on here.

Guest RocketOwl
18 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Wood Kodja 9/1

Assombalonga 10

Rhodes 14

Hogan 16 (great odds if stays fit)

Nando 28

Winnall 33 (needs to cement a place early to have any hope)

Hooper 66

Fletch 80

I think our forwards stand little chance. I think Carlos will rotate them more than any other Championship manager will. Maybe, if Rhodes gets off to a flier, he can become undroppable.

I think we suffered last year by not finding a settled pairing at any stage of the season. Hope this year two gel early and Carlos sticks largely to them.

Hooper great odds.

13 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Dont see why people always have to compare players and usually on goals only. Winnall and Hooper are both good players. Far more pressing concerns than either of these two 

Yep both good players & alongside Fletcher are pretty even to partner Rhodes imo.

I'd favour Winnall, cus he scored more goals. That opinion is not allowed on OT. It has to be Hooper, else you get insulted.

Why should Rhodes start over everyone else, he done nothing last season but score 3 goals, hooper and fletcher got us to the playoffs so y should Rhodes start ahead of them, he has to earn his place just like every other player on the team 

13 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

Why should Rhodes start over everyone else, he done nothing last season but score 3 goals, hooper and fletcher got us to the playoffs so y should Rhodes start ahead of them, he has to earn his place just like every other player on the team 

Hooper & Fletcher got us in the play offs. :)  

3 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Correct, although he did have quite a fair few league appearances, last season (16/17).

Was it 6 goals in 25 appearances? Therefore 0.24 goals per appearance..

Even he played a near full season (say 40 games). With that ratio, he'd be nowhere near the top scorers (he'd come in at 10 goals for the season).

Hence his 60-1 odds are a result of his likely appearances and woeful return in 16/17.

Woeful is way too derogatory.

His goals per minute was not far off our best, Fletcher, and very close to our second best, FF.

36 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Woeful is way too derogatory.

His goals per minute was not far off our best, Fletcher, and very close to our second best, FF.

The bookies have dropped a pair of tommy knicker rounduns then, cus his odds are way worse than Rhodes, Ff & Winnall.

Why is that?

Edited by zzmdu

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

The bookies have dropped a pair of tommy knicker rounduns then, cus his odds are way worse than Rhodes, Ff & Winnall.

Why is that?

Bookies odds don't always reflect the chances of something happening.....if anyone put £1000 on Nuhiu to be top scorer tomorrow he would probably instantly become favourite despite the real chance being equivalent of Elvis turning up sat on Shergar led through the streets by Lord Lucan

Edited by Ian