Guest Bagarri

I still get the feeling Winnall will end up leaving. 

Fletcher is the best bet of ours.....fantastic end to the season and is likely to take penalties if we get any

9 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

I still get the feeling Winnall will end up leaving. 

I thought that, but the fact that he's started both friendlies, upfront with Rhodes, has made me think that Carlos might have plans for him.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Fletcher is the best bet of ours.....fantastic end to the season and is likely to take penalties if we get any

Quite possibly. We really have got an embarrassment of riches up front! I'm sure you'll agree, especially with Nuihiu in the mix lol

• Disagree 2

Even if all of those 5 listed only play on a rotation basis, there has to be 50+ between them, with the right quality of service of course? Then add midfield and some from the likes of Lees and erm, well whoever the other CB's maybe. :-)

4 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

I can't agree with this, if he is out on the left most of the time it would be very difficult for him to score 20 goals. Top scorer is usually nearer 30 in championship and only Rhodes has a chance of doing this.

The only others who are capable are Hooper and Winnall. Hooper won't stay fit for a full season and Winnall will be lucky to get 30 sub appearances let alone start a game.

FF has a far better goal record playing LW than striker. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I suspect you are right, but it's just possible.

If Carlos sticks with his FF left intent, it leaves Rhodes, Fletch, Hooper and Winnall. 

Winnall would probably see very little game time from that lot. Rhodes is fitter than Hoops and Fletch so is likely to be the mainstay. I could see Rhodes going close, but needs to cement his starting place in Carlos's eyes by getting off to a good start.

Especially if he scores at Oakwell....

If Rhodes was at any other top half Championship club I would lump on him at those odds, bookies tend to know the score (if you pardon the pun)..

Edited by Almat

Any odds for the Ched Evans ? That lad is a natural predator .

Edited by Owl999
  • Agree 5

8 hours ago, Stoop said:

Nuhiu?

Westwood has better odds

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Any odds for the Ched Evans ? That lad is a natural predator .

Not a bad idea editing your original post. Very litigious times....:columbo:

• Agree 1

we need a settled front 2 but thats highly unlikely, also need to be more positive going forward or chances will be limited, no good having these quality strikers and not using them properly.

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Rhodes 14

Nando 28

Winnall 33 

Hooper 66

Fletch 80

I think the bookies have got it  right.

:A reasonable chance for Rhodes topping the charts

:A small chance for Fernando & Winnall

:No realistic chance for Hooper & Fletcher

I hope FF starts out on the left, with Rhodes and Winnall upfront, (Fletcher & Hooper) ready on the bench.

Whoever starts with Rhodes, I hope the partnership is given at least a 5 game run.

9 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Hoopers a good bet, if he stays fit. 

Agree but the odds would be long on that happening

52 minutes ago, debram said:

Agree but the odds would be long on that happening

The odds will reflect the chances of injury and selection. However they will also look at the number of goals scored per game last season.

Hooper's odds (like all others) will reflect from both, which were both poor last season.

10 hours ago, robster_owl said:

Even if all of those 5 listed only play on a rotation basis, there has to be 50+ between them, with the right quality of service of course? Then add midfield and some from the likes of Lees and erm, well whoever the other CB's maybe. :-)

Last year this 5 scored 35 including 5 pens.

Some of the partnerships didn't wprk.

If FF plays left more often we will have 3 of them on the pitch at most times so will score far more. 

2 hours ago, zzmdu said:

The odds will reflect the chances of injury and selection. However they will also look at the number of goals scored per game last season.

Hooper's odds (like all others) will reflect from both, which were both poor last season.

Correct. Realistically Hooper is likely to play nowhere near enough thru the season to be up with the top scorers

That Melon from the lane ( Kevin Gage )  put on Facebook that Ched is looking toned and chiseled and thinks he is a 30 goal a season striker . lol

Hooper and Rhodes

Forget about any other strikers. When fit, for me, these 2 start every game. If they do, they'l; both be up there. 

Sadly, looking at pre-season it seems Carlos fancies Rhodes/Winnall and Hooper/Fletcher. Whether too much can read into that remains to be seen...

36 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

That Melon from the lane ( Kevin Gage )  put on Facebook that Ched is looking toned and chiseled and thinks he is a 30 goal a season striker . lol

Who's Kevin Gage?